Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car-phone installation

Anyone had one fitted? Another owner said you need a special bracket to fit neetly alongside the sterio as there's not a lot of room on the dash. Also reckoned it linked into the hi-fi and cut it off with an incoming call.

i know all the old stereo's(cd slot at the bottom)(i think) had a conection on the amp to accept the phone link,however the newer stereos(all made by pioneer)im not sure about,however a good installer would be able to do a link.

what must be remembered with the active systems fitted to these cars is that all the hi-fi controls are done by the amp(volume/fader)the headunit is only a interface,and would not work without the amp fitted

I know that this isnt much help to you wallace but the 200 version i saw in RSA has a phone connection built into the rear view mirror, there was also a photo-electric cell in there as well for some reason! any ideas people, the auto light sensor was still on the dash.

sorry mat - photo cell was in the back of the mirror - auto dim one was on the front next to the glass.

cheers

robbie.

• 3 months later...

I just picked up my IS200 and I got the dealer to arrange the fitting of an in-car phone kit. It works a treat! I paid an extra £25 and got a bracket that doesn't need screwing in (no holes in the dash). The bracket disappears between the dash and the stereo on the left hand side, along with the wire. The mic is fitted to the light/sunroof switch unit on the roof, with the speaker fitted underneath the glove box. When you receive a call, the stereo (either CD or radio) mutes, as it does when you press a button on the phone to make a call. Sound quality is excellent.....

My car is the SE with the separate amp - check yours out if you have the S - I'm not sure if they have the amp?

Hope it's of use to you!!

You need to be carefull what car phone kit you buy, if you buy a car kit that needs your stereo to be muteable then it won't work, this should only apply to Blue Tooth Car Kit's.

This is the joyous news that greeted me when I tried to get a kit for my T68. Lexus told me that there isn't yet a car kit that has a loom developed to interface with the IS200?

If anyone has got round this could they please let me know - i've already been pulled once and don't want it to happen again!

When I had my Nokia car kit fitted in Jan 2000 I was told the Stereo (old style with CD at the bottom) didn't have an input to mute the stereo. I checked this with the dealer and they said the same thing. The sound quality is ok, but I'd rather it used the car speakers rather than its own.

I'm thinking of changing the phone for a blue tooth phone and liked the look of the car kits. Bad news if they are not going to work.

• 2 months later...

I have just removed the nokia car kit that came in my is200 SE and fitted an EWricsson kit for a T39. It works fine, but I haven't connected the stereo mute connector. Does this connect to the back of the amp? there seems to be contradicting views.

There was also a power connector and fuse which was coming from the trim down near the cigarette lighter. It switches on with the ignition and then stays on. I have no idea what it's for as there was already a power feed to the nokia kit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links