Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map update on a RX450h 2012 phase III

I had mine done by the dealer in the end - tied it up with a service so it reduced the overall cost. One thing to note is that I was told the car needs to be "on" during the process, possibly for a few hours. So this automatically stopped me doing the DIY route. Worth a check. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 1:39 AM, welland said:

Where exactly do the discs go? I know that the rx400h had a CD disc in the boot for sat nav, but I thought that the rx450h had moved away from CDs.  

Sorry for delay in replying. Previously I had aRx400 and like you say The disc player ( I believe it was 6) was in the boot. The 2013 Rx 450 uses the single cd unit

in the dash and takes the dealer about 2hours to load the full 5 discs.. Lexus Nottingham had to see my vehicle to ensure they ordered correct version, I do not think the usb stick option is

available on early Rx 450's. At least I was not offered it.

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

I went to my nearest Lexus dealer yesterday so they could examine my car and work out how to update the maps.  Here is what they told me:

1) I need to buy a set of 5 discs + serial number.  The part code of this item is PZ445-HD334-0Z.  The discs are updated every 2 years. The latest discs were released in Apr 2022 and the next discs are due in Apr 2024.  

2) In order to install the maps, a passcode or activation code is needed, and this can only be obtained by someone with the relevant computer software (ie a dealer). 

3) The price for the latest discs Is £234.25, and they will install them for free.  

4) They openly told me to feel free to search for another supplier of the discs (at cheaper cost), but if I managed to buy them cheaper, I'd still need to go to the dealer to get them installed.   If I do this, they will charge me for half an hour of labour,  which is £90, but they would want the car for a whole day.  

I have since searched the internet for this part code and found an interesting website here:  https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/toyota-gen7-11hdd-sat-nav-map-update-europe-2023-1030-p.asp

It seems to be offering everything needed, including activation code for £60.  I have sent them an enquiry to check it is what I need, and how to actually install  the update.   

Has anybody here used this website, or any other 3rd party supplier of map updates?

On 12/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, stepheneric said:

Sorry for delay in replying. Previously I had aRx400 and like you say The disc player ( I believe it was 6) was in the boot. The 2013 Rx 450 uses the single cd unit

in the dash and takes the dealer about 2hours to load the full 5 discs.. Lexus Nottingham had to see my vehicle to ensure they ordered correct version, I do not think the usb stick option is

available on early Rx 450's. At least I was not offered it.

Hope that helps

Do you have a usb socket in your centre arm rest?

Must admit I have never used the map system on my car, as the phone will be in its holder on a journey I simply let apple map show me the way. 

Why pay all that to Lexus when most of us have it in our phones ?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, VFR said:

Must admit I have never used the map system on my car, as the phone will be in its holder on a journey I simply let Apple map show me the way. 

Seriously, car manufacturers could save money and not fit them! I use Google maps and when that is interupted I open a map!

4 hours ago, welland said:

I went to my nearest Lexus dealer yesterday so they could examine my car and work out how to update the maps.  Here is what they told me:

1) I need to buy a set of 5 discs + serial number.  The part code of this item is PZ445-HD334-0Z.  The discs are updated every 2 years. The latest discs were released in Apr 2022 and the next discs are due in Apr 2024.  

2) In order to install the maps, a passcode or activation code is needed, and this can only be obtained by someone with the relevant computer software (ie a dealer). 

3) The price for the latest discs Is £234.25, and they will install them for free.  

4) They openly told me to feel free to search for another supplier of the discs (at cheaper cost), but if I managed to buy them cheaper, I'd still need to go to the dealer to get them installed.   If I do this, they will charge me for half an hour of labour,  which is £90, but they would want the car for a whole day.  

I have since searched the internet for this part code and found an interesting website here:  https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/toyota-gen7-11hdd-sat-nav-map-update-europe-2023-1030-p.asp

It seems to be offering everything needed, including activation code for £60.  I have sent them an enquiry to check it is what I need, and how to actually install  the update.   

Has anybody here used this website, or any other 3rd party supplier of map updates?

Hello, Yes I have used the satnavi shop to update the maps on my RX. However mine come on a micro SD card (2016 gen4). I found them very helpful and very cheap. I will be updating again next year when the latest maps come out.

Bri

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VFR said:

Must admit I have never used the map system on my car, as the phone will be in its holder on a journey I simply let Apple map show me the way. 

I don't want this to turn into a thread that debates the merits of phone maps v Lexus maps.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Brian26 said:

Hello, Yes I have used the satnavi shop to update the maps on my RX. However mine come on a micro SD card (2016 gen4). I found them very helpful and very cheap. I will be updating again next year when the latest maps come out.

Bri

Thanks for this.  Did they provide good instructions about how to do the job?

20 hours ago, welland said:

Thanks for this.  Did they provide good instructions about how to do the job?

Hi, I cannot really say that they did as mine was just a straight forward swap of the micro SD card. Also I would have thought that if you scan through your handbook it will tell you where to put the discs. However I seem to remember that I had to get the dealer to do the upgrade on my Gen 3 as I think it is all stored on a hard drive somewhere behind the head unit in the dash. I'm sure someone will put both of us right if I am wrong! Sorry I cant be much more help.

Bri

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 4:49 PM, welland said:

I don't want this to turn into a thread that debates the merits of phone maps v Lexus maps.  

Ah OK I (and others ?) will bear your instructions in mind and not mention ways to save a lot of time and money again. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Laura,

Your sat nav version is the same as mine which I’ve updated a number of times now, it’s quite easy to do and can be update yourself but you need the following items first….

a 64GB USB drive which must be formatted with FAT32.

a PC to download and unzip the update files too. (These are what an earlier post calls the 5 discs)

its a pretty straight forward process but you will need to have the car running whilst the system is updated and I believe this is why having dealer apply the update is so expensive. My last update cost me round £78.00

I have purchased my updates from this website..

https://toyotamaps.online/

They also provide instructions on how to identify what version sat nav you have along with determining which version of maps you currently have installed. You will need to send them those details as part of the process so they can provide an updated version to you.

I also believe other forum members have successfully used this site  as well…

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/lexus-25-c.asp

I hope this helps but shout if you need any further info on doing an update.

kind regards 

Kev

• Like 1

I ordered the update from satnavishop on Monday. The usb stick arrived on Wednesday.  The activation key arrived by email on Wednesday. I installed it on Wednesday afternoon. Full instructions were provided by satnavishop.

It was an absolute doddle! No more complicated than tuning the radio or setting up Bluetooth phone connection!

I would not hesitate to recommend satnavishop for future upgrades: great service and MUCH cheaper than the Lexus dealer.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, BartLexusFan said:

I know it's not the most cost effective option, but I'm just rocking Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 with Android Auto for Phones Google App on it.

IMG-20211112-WA0004.jpg

Hi Bart,

Do you have a link to the phone holder? I also have the same phone and reckon it will fit best (and cheapest) to use it for navigation. But am strugling with finding a good holder. Yours seems quite spot on.

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links