Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small crash resistent bumpers Story to share

weltmeister

Hi guys

I must say that the bumpers of the IS200 are quite resistent. Yesterday I had a small crash after a race with an Audi A4 Estate. ON a traffice light in Mannheim Germany, we both were standing next to each other. I knew that after the right corner the left lane is ending so that I had the better position with being on the right lane. I had the feeling that the A4 2.4 tries to beat me. Knowing that he has the bigger engine, I also was aware that he it would not be enough to be quicker and turn into my lane in front of me. When the lights hit green I step on the gas and so did he. I was quicker on the corner cause i was inside (right corner) and then he knew that he cannot pass me on and so he was behind me. We drove on around 400m and there was a sharp right corner again leading the street over a bridge

Well after the bridge there was some traffic. Looking back I saw a gap between me and the audi, assuming that the guy did not dare to hit the corner so hard with his family Audi Estate.

I had to hit the brakes and I really felt that the brakes were good enough to stop me behind the traffic. Well The audi guy could not stop that quickly and bump into me, although he had so much space behind me, when we drove over that bridge. I step out my car assuming the worse, but fortunately I did not have anything on my car and neither did he, but I comment on him, that if he wants to drive fast, then he should also learn how to break!!!

I HAVE THE FEELING THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE AT LEAST IN GERMANY ARE UNDERESTIMATING OUR CARS

well i had an ingenious plan last night and if it goes well i will be getting an IS300 for sure! probably a Jap import if possible.

do they do compressors for the IS300?

man i want a car that whistles.. ehe maybe i should just stick a soccer whistle up the exhaust of my car eh?

Well I guess if I have a compressor then I can race a higher class than Audi A4!!!!

WEll i will wait until Spring then. Let'S see. But definitely I must say with the standard setting the car has already a lot of potential compared to other cars with standard setting.

Good race with the 406 Coupe was it a 3.0 Litre one ?

By the way what is the difference between the Japan Import/ TTE one and American one

You guys from the Island are lucky that you can get cars from Japan due to right hand drive. we from the Mainlaind are stucked on the European or American Models. Anyway, I only guess that in Japan you have more varity isn`t ?

" you guys from the island",i like it

when you ask the difference do you mean the cars

us model: 3.0litre only

uk model:2.0litre 3 models,S,SE,SPORT,SPORT llmited edition

japan:Altezza,2.0l(4cyl)and turbo,AS200(is200)

so basically the japs have the best choice

[Edited on 17-12-2001 by superchargedIS200]

• 6 months later...

my missus took out our is200 the other day, and some old cow reversed into the back of it while trying to get out of her car park space.

The missus got out and saw a dent in the bumper and went to lay into the old goat. When she looked back the dent had sprung back out. Not a mark on it.

Similar happened to me in a Vauxhall. I was in traffic on the motorway that was stop-start crawling because of roadworks or something. Kid behind looked like he'd only just passed his test. He was with his mates busy talking. Of course eventually it happened - he was too busy talking to notice the traffic ahead had stopped. He went into the back of my car. I got out looking like I was going to do someone some serious damage and he looked real worried. There was no damage to my car so I told him to pay attention and let him go as he seemed so shaken that I thought that was punishment enough. Later rust developed where a slight crack had been made in the paint. It was in a tight spot between the bumper and lights and I never managed to get it properly fixed up it just kept getting worse and worse...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links