Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 4x4 - will we ever see it?

tonb

What do you guys think that the chances of ever seeing an IS200 4x4 are..... I read the wish list last week for the new model, and there were some good ideas - but surely if Lexus made the 4x4 change - they'd be on to a world beater????

I have a colleague who has a WRX STI (with Prodrive conversion) and he would swap his Scooby for a Lex in no time if only it was 4wd ... he looks at my spec with much envy (and the comfort).

Any thoughts?:?:

Aberdeen..........we are building up numbers, now remember Matt, you did promise to stop classing Birmingham as Northern once we had more people!!:lol:

tonb, I agree with you on the 4x4 as in the winter you might as well leave the car in the garage as you won't get out of your drive anyway!

They have produced a IS300 Sportcross 4x4, just have to see if they tranfer it to the saloon, it would be no use on the 200's engine though as drive train loss would mean you would have your ***** kicked by Lada's!

GIVE US TURBO SCOOBY BEATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree - esp. about the winter thing ! - I moved into a new house about a year and half ago and it snowed in the first week. We have a 'slight' hill getting out of our road leading up to the gates. Couldn't get out in the IS200 ! I tried going forward, going backwards, putting bags of sand in the boot - only managed to create an ice-rink - gave up in end!. (have since invested in road salt but it hasn't snowed enough since then :smilegrin:

Hi Brn7y, I guess that you suffered the same problems as I did over crimbo and new year (that very bad snow storm on 28th Dec) - when it took me 4 hours to get home ....

I couldn't move the Lex for 10 days (despite digging it out, Snow button engaged etc) .... the dash kept telling me the wheels were spinning ..... I BLIMMIN KNEW THAT!!!! :flaming:

Tony,

Didn't try that, but by the time I'd dug out all around the car, cleaned under the treads, fought with it for a while trying to get it to move (and generally frozen my ***** off )...... I went inside for a well earned beer and a mince pie :lol:

Took the wife's polo out after that, it was a little bit better (very narrow 13" wheels)

there will be no

cabrio

4x4

m3 beater

or any further development on this chassis...............however,i know what is planned ........keep your ears open and watch this space,ive seen drawings and plans for further development vehicles and all i will say is .............nice;)

Originally posted by tonb

Hi Brn7y, I guess that you suffered the same problems as I did over crimbo and new year (that very bad snow storm on 28th Dec) - when it took me 4 hours to get home ....

I couldn't move the Lex for 10 days (despite digging it out, Snow button engaged etc) .... the dash kept telling me the wheels were spinning ..... I BLIMMIN KNEW THAT!!!! :flaming:

I missed all the snow at Christmas, was in Africa. I did however get my ear bent about the fact she had to walk to work and get the 17 year old kid across the street to park the car in the garage. He was happy enough to get a drive of the Lex.:lol:

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

there will be no

cabrio

4x4

m3 beater

or any further development on this chassis...............however,i know what is planned ........keep your ears open and watch this space,ive seen drawings and plans for further development vehicles and all i will say is .............nice;)

Oh yeah???? - wossissdenn?

Originally posted by Rodders_UK
Originally posted by superchargedIS200

there will be no

cabrio

4x4

m3 beater

Oh yeah???? - wossissdenn?

I'd say someones spent several hours with Photoshop.

i will bet my car that there is no cabriolet/coupe thats been officially developed by Toyota corp........and driving on the open roads

i have been told .........while i was having a chat at TTE(In the offices.....with F.G)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links