Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Actual Range of a CT 200h

Damer

Hi. We are due to drop Daughter off at University this weekend. It is a 300 mile round trip. We currently have about 3/4 of tank of fuel but all the stories about panic buying are making me nervous that we can get there but not get back. I don't want to add to the problems by driving around, burning fuel and joining the panic buying queues.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much Damian- on a run we have done as many as 474 miles and it was showing low by the end of the trip, but it only took38 ltrs to fill it up again.  We regularly do more than 400 miles between fills and have never had to put more than 38 ltrs to replenish the tank.  I'm told that the tank size is 45 ltr.  Hope you have a safe trip

I have never really paid attention to the milage we get out of a full tank. All I have noticed is that is costs half what I used to pay to fill up my previous Infiniti(s).

37 minutes ago, Barry A said:

I wouldn't worry too much Damian- on a run we have done as many as 474 miles and it was showing low by the end of the trip, but it only took38 ltrs to fill it up again.  We regularly do more than 400 miles between fills and have never had to put more than 38 ltrs to replenish the tank.  I'm told that the tank size is 45 ltr.  Hope you have a safe trip

You should get 450 to 500 out of a full tank, so 3/4 should give you enough for 300 miles. Of course with a gentle right foot you will have no problem. 😁

2 hours ago, Damer said:

It is a 300 mile round trip. We currently have about 3/4 of tank

As others have said, you should be fine.

However, just be aware that if you do run out completely, you'll need about 10 litres in the tank before attempting a restart - the plastic fuel containers are only 5 litres if I remember correctly.

Also, if you make more than 3 unsuccessful restart attempts then the hybrid system could lock out and need a dealer to reset it.

Thanks all. Wife managed to get it topped up, without queuing, at local Asda, but they were restricted to a maximum sale of £30, luckily we only needed about £20 worth. That should get us to Uni and back at the weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Full up 30L. Distance covered 400km, message saying that fuel for 86km was left. 95octane E5 for first time. Usually V-Power, but no Shell nearby.

Meaning 486km on a full tank.

7.5L/100km. 37.66 miles / gallon (UK).

Same driver / driving style as in a Golf 2.0tdi DSG with 5.5L/100km.

When hydrogen come to the island we will see if we can find a car we can afford.

Hybrid is not for mountains.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:01 PM, mediaeasier said:

Got a 2013, drive conservatively and never get more than 420 miles before petrol light comes on (UK)

Travel to and from Norfolk most weeks, never got less than 450 miles per tank often 500. Very pleased.

On the trip back from Oxford to Manchester we averaged 56.5MPG, and that was on A/B Roads, avoiding the motorway ( I feel the car is underpowered on the motorway, but that is another story).

On 9/28/2021 at 12:20 PM, Herbie said:

As others have said, you should be fine.

However, just be aware that if you do run out completely, you'll need about 10 litres in the tank before attempting a restart - the plastic fuel containers are only 5 litres if I remember correctly.

Also, if you make more than 3 unsuccessful restart attempts then the hybrid system could lock out and need a dealer to reset it.

I have run out completely once with my Prius and used the plastic fuel container of 5 litres once. It started without problems at the first attempt.  

1 minute ago, serbarry said:

I have run out completely once with my Prius and used the plastic fuel container of 5 litres once. It started without problems at the first attempt.  

You may just have been lucky, I don't know, but the info I quoted above was Lexus' own advice.

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

You may just have been lucky, I don't know, but the info I quoted above was Lexus' own advice.

Probably as I did not even know that I needed to refill 10 litres before trying to start.

• Like 1

I suppose to a large extent it depends on driving condition but my full 10 gallon tank will always return a long average trip record of around 550-600mls @ 55/60mpg winter/summer. It should easily do 300 miles on a 3/4 tank.

1 hour ago, Poundy said:

I suppose to a large extent it depends on driving condition but my full 10 gallon tank will always return a long average trip record of around 550-600mls @ 55/60mpg winter/summer. It should easily do 300 miles on a 3/4 tank.

I am happy when a full tank give 500km.

Pretty far from the 74+ miles per gallon Lexus promise for a 2016 - 17 model

John, I know you are very disappointed with the mileage you achieve in your CT but 300 miles to a tank??? Just look at the comments within this subject and the CT section, everyone else is pretty much getting 400 and more miles to a tank. Your experience does make much sense or match the reality of other CT users. :unsure:

CT a great car, averaging around 46mpg but can easily be higher depending on conditions.

Main point to note is it has a 2 gallon reserve tank after range shows 0 so that is about 90-100 miles.  You can comfortably refill at around 425m and still have some left in reserve tank.  Just don't panic as trip will say 0 range!  

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

John, I know you are very disappointed with the mileage you achieve in your CT but 300 miles to a tank??? Just look at the comments within this subject and the CT section, everyone else is pretty much getting 400 and more miles to a tank. Your experience does make much sense or match the reality of other CT users. :unsure:

Yes and no.

Lexus tell us that 74+ mpg is possible in the ads for the car, which as far as I know nobody on the forum have managed. Mainly short tours and always up and down is not for a little hybrid Battery.

When 5.5 - 6 L/100km is what we had in a 2.0tdi DSG Golf V obviously diesel is better for mountains. That the Golf was spitting black smoke out of the exhaust pipe was probably because of the many short trips we were driving as all it needed to meet specification to pass the yearly test was around 10 km low gear with engine working hard. After that no black smoke.

7.5L/100km is OK. Car is far more comfortable and pleasant to drive than the Golf and compared to the Honda Accord Coupé, which was not much more comfortable, it is an economical car. All the extra comfort plus the ML audio makes it the perfect car until hydrogen come to the island here. Not that the Honda was not reliable, but the CT feel really good and much better to drive in than the Golf.

The luxury cars we had when I was still working are not what I will compare the CT with. Maybe as I was told somewhere on the forum here, the CT is not really a Lexus.

No maker gets the mileage claims right, but in more recent years they have been more accurate. Any online check now will show for the CT an average of around 50 to 55 mpg. 40L tank is 8.7 gallons - 8.7 x 50 = 435 miles. Yet you only seem to get 310 miles at the most to a tank, that does not make sense or reflect the large amount of real actual evidence of just about every other CT user - Why? You seem fixated on a claim made many years ago in an advert. What is different about your car or driving compared to everyone else? I only ask because you keep bringing it up in your posts.

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

No maker gets the mileage claims right, but in more recent years they have been more accurate. Any online check now will show for the CT an average of around 50 to 55 mpg. 40L tank is 8.7 gallons - 8.7 x 50 = 435 miles. Yet you only seem to get 310 miles at the most to a tank, that does not make sense or reflect the large amount of real actual evidence of just about every other CT user - Why? You seem fixated on a claim made many years ago in an advert. What is different about your car or driving compared to everyone else? I only ask because you keep bringing it up in your posts.

I just do not like dishonesty. 2016 - 17 - 18 ads were 3.8. Not even with fan and A/C off that is possible. Downhill and wind coming from behind is not what we have always.

Lexus makes great cars and should be too good to tell something that is not correct.

Lexus CT 2021 claim 4.4L/100km = 64.2 MPG UK. That might be possible with fan and A/C off if driving flat road 80km/h for a whole tank full.

https://www.coches.net/lexus-ct-18-200h-eco-5p-electrico-hibrido-2017-en-las_palmas-50139357-covo.aspx

In year 2000 Danish journalists (who did not believe the claim from VW) took a Lupo on a tour to Paris and back and found that the 3L/100km was indeed possible with around 90km/h.

Why should Lexus 16 - 18 years later still not be telling the correct consumption? Lexus make better cars than VW and Lexus does not have to be so stupid.

Volkswagen Lupo 1.2 TDI 3L Fuel Consumption (Economy), Emissions and Range

Fuel Consumption - Economy - Combined:

3 L/100km
94 mpg UK / 78 mpg US

Fuel Consumption - Economy - Open road:

2.7 L/100km
105 mpg UK / 87 mpg US

Fuel Consumption - Economy - City:

3.6 L/100km
78 mpg UK / 65 mpg US

Range :

1133 Km or 704 miles

Fuel Tank Capacity :

34 L
7.5 UK gallons
9 US gallons

CO2 emissions :

81 g/Km

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links