Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Betsy vs IS - thoughts after just over one week.

Mincey

@Mincey

Just out of curiosity does the ES dip the door mirrors when reversing? My NX didn’t, but reading the manual for the RX today I discovered that if you set the mirrors - both sides - to where you want them to dip while reverse is selected then the car dips both of them to that position when you select reverse thereafter. Witchcraft I say…but I was quite pleased to find that particular feature.

I’m still smarting that I can’t set the outside temperature readout to Fahrenheit…😬. I don’t suppose the ES, being designed for the US market allows this? I’m surprised the RX doesn’t, unless the dealer can do it somehow. There MUST be a way, surely?

17 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

@Mincey

Just out of curiosity does the ES dip the door mirrors when reversing? My NX didn’t, but reading the manual for the RX today I discovered that if you set the mirrors - both sides - to where you want them to dip while reverse is selected then the car dips both of them to that position when you select reverse thereafter. Witchcraft I say…but I was quite pleased to find that particular feature.

I’m still smarting that I can’t set the outside temperature readout to Fahrenheit…😬. I don’t suppose the ES, being designed for the US market allows this? I’m surprised the RX doesn’t, unless the dealer can do it somehow. There MUST be a way, surely?

I'm sure Betsy tells the temperature properly, i.e. in Centigrade, I will confirm this when the wind has died down a little. I vaguely remember a setting in the options for this.  I wasn't sure about the mirrors dipping in reverse, so I did as my mentor @royoftherovers would have suggested and checked the manual:

image.thumb.png.00f0411734704947d202c72f5683b279.png 

• Like 1

Ok, I've been outside. It's not great out there - the things I'll do for this club eh?

I can't find a way to switch from F to C, but I can confirm that Betsy can read the outside temperature properly:

image.thumb.png.1cd5350db1392cf505f5421f4a641177.png

Actually, I'm glad you mentioned the dipping mirrors thing. Betsy and I have just been shopping and I noticed that when she was put into reverse, the driver's mirror tilted up! That was soon sorted out though, as I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear. Thank goodness for manuals eh!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links