Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

drooling over the Ls400 .. so rare

there was I, parked in Waitrose Tenterden and this guy, his Nissan Qashqai parked adjacent couldn't understand what on earth this " weird " car was ......  my Ls400 :thumbsup:

Just explained a little of my specific car and the Mk1 and Mk2 prior ........  my ownership and experiences and his eyes were clearly in awe ...........  I'm thinking he might look at LOC and your individual's fine cars for sale maybe  ........  I'll take a 10% Finders Fee please :whistling:

we really do have rare beasts these days ...........  I haven't seen another for such a long long time

Malc

• Like 3

👍I know. If I weren't in the city, it would remain parked and driven on the weekends. Hate to sell mine but no time for it and the insurance & upkeep. Cream exterior beige interior-- a bit worn--( teenage son drove it 3 yrs. )

Asking $1500 firm. 184,500 miles thereabouts. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lorna Dune said:

👍I know. If I weren't in the city, it would remain parked and driven on the weekends. Hate to sell mine but no time for it and the insurance & upkeep. Cream exterior beige interior-- a bit worn--( teenage son drove it 3 yrs. )

Asking $1500 firm. 184,500 miles thereabouts. 

Does that include shipping to us in the UK? 😀

• Haha 1

In the past I have purchased stuff like the clear indicator units for the LS400 they won’t ship over here and brought them back in my suitcase but a complete car might raise questions at the check in desk 😀

I was waiting at some temporary traffic lights yesterday on my estate when there was a knock on the passenger window, mmmm doors are auto locked window down slightly.

”You don’t see many of these around nowadays .......a Lexus”

”You’ve probably never seen one of these before because it’s a Japanese version Toyota model”

”Oh so even rarer, it’s very nice”

”Thank you”

Lights changed, foot to floor and left him in a cloud of tyre smoke whilst pulling the window back up. ( OK lying now).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Malc said:

you beat a mobility scooter at the lights again Steve :unsure:

Malc

The funniest was beating 2 high powered motorcycles off the line at traffic lights in the 1994 Celsior, by the time I got to the next set I guessed they had not only recovered but were fully prepared......I then drove like Miss Daisy off that set causing them more annoyance 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve, you're the cause of my latest escapade yesterday .......... :whistling:

Boy Racer in a T reg dark blue, go-faster stripes Ford Fiesta ??  or summat like that  ...  at the lights and he's intent to beat the pants off me for sure ........  to the next roundabout and he's still in the outside lane where he really doesn't want to be ......  round that then to the next roundabout where we both need to be in his outside lane ...  so I just speed up a little ( a lot ) and easily pop in front and then, when we're round the next roundabout .....  like Miss Daisy ( above )  allow him to push ahead with fumes clearly emerging from his ears 

He tried hard and in all fairness I do believe his little car was a sooped up version with all sorts of grunts and powerful groans going on ............  the Lexus really just wafting along there, with some nifty driving from me, ............ with no untoward signs of stress I'm sure ( me nor the Ls 400 ) :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

They truly are amazing cars. My LS400 has been perfect in every way, i cannot ask for more. I absolutely love it and would never sell. Just amazing build quality and a denseness to all the materials used.

Its such a tonic compared to any modern rubbish thats out there...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links