Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just like that. The BSM light came on my 2013 LS600. Goes out if you deactivate the BSM button of course. Tried wiping the sensors as suggested.

Any other tips or is this Lexus 'lets think of the most expensive way to fix' dealership time?

What color is the light?

I'm not seeing a mention of a warning light in the manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1141722/Lexus-Ls600h.html?page=420&term=BSM&selected=1#manual

Visible sensors have nothing to do with BSM iirc. It's actually two radar units in the rear bumper corners, not accessible without some disassembly

• Like 1

Thank you for this manual. I know that the radar units are under the rear bumper but I hear that they are linked to parking sensors hence trying to clean them-didnt work. I posted the screenshots below when turning ignition on. Will disconnecting Battery or maybe try clearing the fault using techstream?     

IMG_9321.jpg

IMG_9322.jpg

14 minutes ago, peniole said:

You could try techstream. I've only seen this once before on a US spec ES, they got lucky, old battery, low voltage, threw up this warning. How old is your battery? Can you check voltage?

Not sure age but I will check Battery health tomorrow. This BSM fault did happen about 8-9 months ago but went out immediately might well be weak/old Battery. I so hope its not a sensor fail as thats bumper off and recalibrate   

One last thought. You didn't have a bump to either rear bumper corner, right? Mirror BSM lights will give you a clue at startup when system is on/initializing.

You are correct it is a bumper off job and can be costly.

10 minutes ago, peniole said:

One last thought. You didn't have a bump to either rear bumper corner, right? Mirror BSM lights will give you a clue at startup when system is on/initializing.

You are correct it is a bumper off job and can be costly.

I did have a very low impact parking bump a few months ago barely took any paint off. I think this could well be the culprit if the sensor has worked loose in some way. Strange if so cos bumper shock in everyday use would cause this alot

If you take a look at this video particularly from 5 mins 30 secs it may explain the problem you suspect given the bumper knock. Looks like Techstream as a minimum for diagnostics and hopefully just recalibration unless there is physical damage to the unit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

If you take a look at this video particularly from 5 mins 30 secs it may explain the problem you suspect given the bumper knock. Looks like Techstream as a minimum for diagnostics and hopefully just recalibration unless there is physical damage to the unit.

Thank you Steve 

I tried charging the Battery up see if that would stop it happening. (it didnt) but my clock is now giving the correct time quite pleased by that. Its inevitable its one of these sensors isnt it so I need to book in to someone to get this sorted

Update 

I disconnected the Battery and recharged for a few hours. Light was still on.

After driving the car for an hour this light went away. The clock is now showing the correct time and it seems to drive a bit smoother. I'm over the moon obviously. I would recommend this simple technique before trying to reset with Techstream or take to the dealer for an expensive inspection  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links