Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

10 hours ago, Neville Gardner said:

Ordered my UX Premium Pack on Jan  12th and Lexus app and web site  has never moved off the Processing Order status. Been given some lame excuses by dealer, and advised that it’s not on the schedule to be built in July. All they would confirm is that it will have the upgrade on the infotainment system as a freebie when they finally get a build date sometime in August. Alternatively I could cancel and get deposit back. Current lead times for ordering now is build in Jan, delivery in April, so no real benefit. Decided to stick it out for now because I have a great deal, but patience is wearing thin.

Crikey UX delivery times seem to be getting even longer. I guess component and staff shortages are causing an increasing order backlog.

Perhaps the Lexus price increases, higher level of inflation in the general economy and rising interest rates will lead to reduced demand causing delivery times to go back down to more normal levels.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

45 minutes ago, Neville Gardner said:

Dealer informed me this week that mine will be built in September now for a November delivery.

Yours order in January, still yet to be built. Others on this site ordered Feb built and in dealership ??

Is it down to the specs ?? or do you need your dealership to chase.

Ordered mine in April still waiting/hoping for October delivery

Shouldn’t be the spec as it’s a prem plus pack but they find any excuse to fob you off. Dealer says they have chased a raised cases, but will have wait and see if the app finally moves next month.

A mate of mine Audi turned up the other week with the reversing camera missing and they gave him cash back. I wouldn’t have taken the car tbh, and it wouldn’t take much for me to walk away or even sell it the following week.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, Neville Gardner said:

Shouldn’t be the spec as it’s a prem plus pack but they find any excuse to fob you off. Dealer says they have chased a raised cases, but will have wait and see if the app finally moves next month.

A mate of mine Audi turned up the other week with the reversing camera missing and they gave him cash back. I wouldn’t have taken the car tbh, and it wouldn’t take much for me to walk away or even sell it the following week.

A few days after picking up my car my son came over to have a look, leaning in the car he noticed scrtatches on the display panel above the aircon controls, taking a closer look myself I was dismayed to see there were indeed many deep scratches, they could only be seen from an angle with the light in a certain direction.

Fortunately Lexus accepted my assurance that I hadn't as much as flicked a soft duster over the inside and replaced the unit.

I did give the car what I thought to be a good look over on collection but just shows you can't be 100% sure.

Worth checking yours.

Bill D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Dawes said:

A few days after picking up my car my son came over to have a look, leaning in the car he noticed scrtatches on the display panel above the aircon controls, taking a closer look myself I was dismayed to see there were indeed many deep scratches, they could only be seen from an angle with the light in a certain direction.

Fortunately Lexus accepted my assurance that I hadn't as much as flicked a soft duster over the inside and replaced the unit.

I did give the car what I thought to be a good look over on collection but just shows you can't be 100% sure.

Worth checking yours.

Bill D.

Good advice Bill. Buy the boy a couple of pints !

Which Dealership was accommodating ?

2 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Worth checking yours.

Bill D.

👍

Thanks John, will have to be gluten free beer though I'm afraid or Thatchers Gold cider will do very nicely.

Dealer was Lexus Bristol, to be honest I would have been very disappointed if their reaction would have negative.

Loving my car, one of the things I am trying to find out is can you unlock the boot without the whole car, mine will not it seems, model is a Takumi so electric boot. Other cars I have had you could unlock the boot separately, a good security feature when loading up in the supermarket, stops a scally junping into the car unnoticed.

Bill D.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Thanks John, will have to be gluten free beer though I'm afraid or Thatchers Gold cider will do very nicely.

Dealer was Lexus Bristol, to be honest I would have been very disappointed if their reaction would have negative.

Loving my car, one of the things I am trying to find out is can you unlock the boot without the whole car, mine will not it seems, model is a Takumi so electric boot. Other cars I have had you could unlock the boot separately, a good security feature when loading up in the supermarket, stops a scally junping into the car unnoticed.

Bill D.

There might possibly be a section within the Handbook which details which set ups can be carried out by the Dealer Bill ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, Neville Gardner said:

Just had an app and email update saying car now built (5days) and in transit 😀

There's a ship (Goliath Leader) which left Nagoya on 29th August which is due in Portbury, Bristol on 28th September.

Your car may be on this vessel ??

On 8/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, Neville Gardner said:

Just had an app and email update saying car now built (5days) and in transit 😀

Hi @Neville Gardner The MY2023 UX was due to enter production in August. Do you know whether yours is MY2022 with the touchpad or MY2023 with the touch screen?

On 9/7/2022 at 11:40 PM, Willsth said:

There's a ship (Goliath Leader) which left Nagoya on 29th August which is due in Portbury, Bristol on 28th September.

Your car may be on this vessel ??

The dealer called me this week and said he is expecting the car towards the end of the month, so depending on how long from Bristol to Preston it could be on that One. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, Roger Bill said:

Hi @Neville Gardner The MY2023 UX was due to enter production in August. Do you know whether yours is MY2022 with the touchpad or MY2023 with the touch screen?

Mine is the my2022 but went to production in August with an upgraded infotainment system but not he touch screen from what I understand. I suppose I will only know when I pick it up.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links