Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Starter Relay Circuit

Hiya,

My car wouldn't start today after being OK on a short run.  I had a new Battery in the boot so fitted that but still no luck, although all the ignition lights were on.  Green Flag recovery did a quick diagnostic and the fault recorded was the Hybrid Starter Relay, car now sitting outside my mechanic's garage - has anyone experienced this issue before and, if so, is it an expensive repair?

Many thanks.

19 minutes ago, Burroo 67 said:

Hiya,

My car wouldn't start today after being OK on a short run.  I had a new battery in the boot so fitted that but still no luck, although all the ignition lights were on.  Green Flag recovery did a quick diagnostic and the fault recorded was the Hybrid Starter Relay, car now sitting outside my mechanic's garage - has anyone experienced this issue before and, if so, is it an expensive repair?

Many thanks.

Did the Green Flag guy tell you what the OBD error code was?

If I remember correctly there are two 12V control relays that prevent current from flowing from the high voltage Battery if certain conditions aren't met, but I can't remember what they are, so the OBD code will help me to look it up.

• Like 2

Sorry Herbs, didn't manage to get the code from the Green Flag Technician.  My mechanic cleaned up some corrosion on the circuits and managed to get the car to start, but then he had to disconnect and reconnect the Battery to get it started again!  He ordered a new starter circuit from Lexus (£97) and the car started right away - WITHOUT A KEY IN THE IGNITION!!!!

He did not want to go any further in case it affected my Hybrid Battery warranty, so the car is now sitting at Lexus Glasgow and is booked in for 10.15 tomorrow.  Hopefully they can diagnose the problem and get the car back on the road without me having to take out a second mortgage?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links