Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Centre console side panel removal

2018 RX450h - does anyone know how to remove the side panel from the centre console? This photo shows the passenger side but if it's easier then I can take off the driver's side panel instead. I want to run a couple of wires from behind the multimedia head unit into the empty space below the storage bin of the centre console but need one or other of the side panels off for access.

center-console.thumb.jpg.1d826ee175971530e7958eb5e3f41cf6.jpg

Thanks for your reply Stephen but sadly, that video doesn't go far enough.

Getting the head unit out was the easy bit but I did find out how to gain access to where I wanted anyway and I can say that I would never have been able to remove the side panel in the way you would logically think.

It turns out you have to go in from the top because of the screws arrowed below, although once the top came off I found a way of routing the cables that meant I didn't need the side off at all anyway.

Believe it or not, the worst thing now is that the main harness of the Vline only just reaches but it's under a bit of strain, so I'm going to cut it and splice in about 9" of new wire.

centcons.thumb.jpg.ca32390792b2bd3d859f6583bd19452b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi @Herbie.. i know its been a while, but i need some help to pull off my top console to give the maps and climate seats button a bit of a clean as they are a little sticky. Can you tell me how you took off the mouse pad control unit and also the rest if the top console. Thanks.

2 hours ago, M14JYD said:

Hi @Herbie.. i know its been a while, but i need some help to pull off my top console to give the maps and climate seats button a bit of a clean as they are a little sticky. Can you tell me how you took off the mouse pad control unit and also the rest if the top console. Thanks.

Now you're asking :laughing:

Just about to go out so I'll reply properly later, but if I remember correctly it's not difficult, just a bit awkward.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links