Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Why is Dark Rose not available on the F-Sport model?

I had an NX300h F Sport in metallic black with the Dark Rose Leather interior, and i have to say I really do love the Dark Rose Leather. I have just ordered the new 350h F Sport but they only do the Flare Red - even with the premium pack which isnt to my taste.  

Any ideas why they do it for the new base model NX and the Takumi but not the F Sport and if there are any concessions?

1967130192_LexusNXtakumi-DARKROSE.thumb.jpg.1250a4687867da9207288bad7e821545.jpg760080309_LexusNXFSport-FLARERED.thumb.jpg.b1ec08005e59c6597440cf2e09ae9a6e.jpg

It's just model differentiation and Lexus are very inflexible regarding mix and match. They would not entertain any deviation from the options listed in the brochures.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SDP said:

I had an NX300h F Sport in metallic black with the Dark Rose Leather interior, and i have to say I really do love the Dark Rose Leather. I have just ordered the new 350h F Sport but they only do the Flare Red - even with the premium pack which isnt to my taste. 

1967130192_LexusNXtakumi-DARKROSE.thumb.jpg.1250a4687867da9207288bad7e821545.jpg760080309_LexusNXFSport-FLARERED.thumb.jpg.b1ec08005e59c6597440cf2e09ae9a6e.jpg

Congratulation with the new car.

My taste: Leather colour is the best colour for leather. Natural. Like it was on the animal.

Does Lexus use leather for the seats? The one we have is black leather, but it is not leather. Lexus call it leather. But, of course, good for the animals that do not need to be killed for their skin.

Have had cars with leather seats. The synthetic ones in our CT are more comfortable and the holes in it make it cooler. Do not know if seats are ventilated, but never warm and uncomfortable like real leather seats are here where we live. The “leather” seats from Lexus are great no problem they are not leather.

Of the 2 red colours on the picture, I find the one on the Takumi most pleasing. Had a Nissan 300ZX in 1984 that colour.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

It's just model differentiation and Lexus are very inflexible regarding mix and match. They would not entertain any deviation from the options listed in the brochures.

thanks for the response, yes I noticed that a couple of years ago when they tried to get me to trade in for the new F Sport then. I just don't understand the reasoning behind the inflexibility. 

The colour difference is down to the seat style so the dark rose is for the comfort seat and the more in your face red is for the sport seat.  It’s something they do to set them aside.  You can’t get the hazel colour (reminds me of Caramac bars) in the sport seat.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Don C said:

The colour difference is down to the seat style so the dark rose is for the comfort seat and the more in your face red is for the sport seat.  It’s something they do to set them aside.  You can’t get the hazel colour (reminds me of Caramac bars) in the sport seat.  

Yes the hazel also reminds me of the Caramac bars! I do understand the reasons, what I struggle with is that I currently own an FSPORT with the dark rose interior. So it is possible. I also struggle with the word 'no'. As someone who has spent a long time making customers happy (Granted I was always the last line of defence and had the power to say yes) when someone says no, I do think that like me, someone in Lexus has the power to say yes! I will keep trying and keep you updated, but thank you for taking the time to respond. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

A no, without a very good reason with explanation for saying so, is sign of incompetence.

Very true - what I got was, "we've checked the colours and the colour you will get is known as Flare red, but we have checked and it has the same product code as the dark rose, so don't worry they are the same colour"

I then did my research and found that they are absolutely not the same colour and have made this clear to the salesperson. All good fun. 

25 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Red is red and black is black.

To some people. = The colourblind.

or alternatively to those that think, "I know, this person looks like they can be fooled into believing anything...i'll try my luck and see if I can get away with it..."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links