Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

For those of you who appreciate irony, there is now an ES brochure available to view on the Lexus GB site. In the section at the back "Terms and Conditions" it says:

"Some Lexus vehicles (including certain specifications and colour/trim combinations) are built to order and could take approximately 2 to 3 months from time of purchase to delivery. For detailed information on lead times, please consult your local Lexus Centre."

Whilst still waiting for the ES, to make up for this did purchase a diecast scale 1:32 model from eBay, yes luggage space is a little limited but at least it arrived within 4 days. As opposed to nearly 12 months for the prototype and still waiting. The 1.32 scale should be incredibly reliable as there a minimal mechanical items to fail. The downside is though as the seats are hard plastic the comfort is compromised, although at least it is here. Communication for delivery was far superior for the 1:32 scale vehicle when compared to the Lexus dealer...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some good news! Cannot track the vehicle in the App or website and nothing is showing but the latest advice is: Vehicle will be in the country in a few days then travel to Derbyshire for QC checks with a planned handover during November potentially near the end of the month. It would be so much easier if the vehicle could be tracked as had no idea it had even been built. Does anyone know if the finance can be paid off at handover or do you need to wait for payments to start? Did take out the finance option simply to get the Lexus £2k contribution.

• Like 3

Hi Carl, good news indeed!- Looks like my car is also on the same ship- I have been given an ETA of the 14th November. I also intend to pay off the finance asap, any pears of wisdom welcome

• Like 2

I've had the email saying mine is now in the country, so hopefully not much longer now. Ordered in mid February, in case anyone's trying to compare against their order.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, Cs150 said:

Some good news! Cannot track the vehicle in the App or website and nothing is showing but the latest advice is: Vehicle will be in the country in a few days then travel to Derbyshire for QC checks with a planned handover during November potentially near the end of the month. It would be so much easier if the vehicle could be tracked as had no idea it had even been built. Does anyone know if the finance can be paid off at handover or do you need to wait for payments to start? Did take out the finance option simply to get the Lexus £2k contribution.

I think that you can pay off the finance after the first payment is made. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:28 PM, beyond the blue said:

I've been into my local dealers today and chatting with staff revealed these waiting times if you were to place an order today.

ES   September

RX    July 

NX    May 

Just looking at this thread and had to laugh at the estimate of May for delivery of an NX back then. 

I ordered my NX less than a week after that post and I still have no confirmed delivery date.  Best case scenario is January, but likely to be later!

4 hours ago, kam said:

Finally can see light at the end of the 11 month Tunnel.😀

203BD668-24F2-4EAC-B60C-FA635498463E.jpeg

Ditto   

Lexus
c78ddb79-87f6-46cc-9bad-2b6b6f5cec1c.jpg

YOUR LEXUS ES IS IN TRANSIT

Hi Rakesh,

Your new Lexus ES is now on its way to your Lexus Centre. We’ll let you know when it arrives, so you can pop in to pick up your keys and enjoy mile after amazing mile.

Sign in to your My Lexus Account or the app to continue to track your car’s progress.

• Like 1

Hopefully will be picking the vehicle up on the 19th. Been informed by the dealer it only comes with a quarter tank of fuel and that this is the Lexus standard amount. Anyone else got a full tank when collecting?

30 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Hopefully will be picking the vehicle up on the 19th. Been informed by the dealer it only comes with a quarter tank of fuel and that this is the Lexus standard amount. Anyone else got a full tank when collecting?

I got a full tank when I collected from Lexus Milton Keynes last month. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cs150 said:

I got a full tank Lexus Maidstone

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

I got a full tank when I collected from Lexus Milton Keynes last month. 

I too got a full tank from MK last Xmas, a great dealer who also topped it up again the following week when it went back in for some snagging. Reminds me to book its 1st service 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cs150 said:

I got a full tank when I collected my NX450H from Lexus Edinburgh last March.

• Like 1

Defo free for me, the added top up was when it went back in for a piece of the window chrome trim to be replaced when I pointed out a scratch on delivery day. Plus of course my golfing umbrella in the boot

On 11/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, fourbanks said:

You need to be sure that you didn't pay for it, most Lexus dealers charge it is not free 

It was definitely FREE for me

Finally picked up mine this weekend from Lexus Swindon. Ordered January, due May finally here. Love the chosen colours, Sonic Titanium with Hazel (tan) interior. Loving the ride and it has more oomph than I remember. Her Ladyship is well pleased. Only small bother is with the phone charging pad which is only charging intermittently - I haven’t however read the manual as yet, so it could be me!

888FEE8E-E8FF-4034-B32A-931995A98DB4.jpeg

• Like 10

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links