Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am confused

Have been searching the fourums about MP3 to be told that I can not play MP3 on IS200, but I can. I do burn as audio not data but they still are burnt as MP3.

The only difference is my CD writer is slow burns at tops 6 speed, and these CD's work. TO test my theory I tried it in work with a CD burnt at 8 speed and it plays. The cd is copying MP3 not CDA as the stuff is in my hard drive. When I did a fast burn of a cd (48 speed) the cd wont play. The thing is the slow speed burns play on other CD players which are not supposed to be able to read MP3 and when I check the disc on teh DVD and PC both say MP3 not CD.

Can anyone shed light on to why it can play when burnt slow. It has stumped a few people who are technical. :mat:

i doubt it very much - i asked what burning prog was used as most when selecting AUDIO convert mp3 to audio ( cda) as its burning - ill bet if data was selected ( which is mp3) then it wont play no matter at what speed u burnt it

Aha... I know this one.

SOme programs like Nero burn mp3s as CDA audio - so that regular CD players can read the info on the CD.

This is if you burn an 'Audio CD' rather than a data CD. IF you created a data CD, then you'd be able to fit at least 10 albums worth on your CDROM - this disc however will not be playable on the stock IS200 cd player. You will need to get an aftermarket head unit that plays mp3 CDs (that's a data CD which has mp3s on it rather than an audio CD which has had mp3s converted to CDA audio.

Aha... I know this one.

SOme programs like Nero burn mp3s as CDA audio - so that regular CD players can read the info on the CD.

This is if you burn an 'Audio CD' rather than a data CD. IF you created a data CD, then you'd be able to fit at least 10 albums worth on your CDROM - this disc however will not be playable on the stock IS200 cd player. You will need to get an aftermarket head unit that plays mp3 CDs (that's a data CD which has mp3s on it rather than an audio CD which has had mp3s converted to CDA audio.

That explaines it.

THe cd's are ripped with Exact Audio Copy (to get rid of that awful Copy protection that record compannies put on many CD's) and before I get moaned at most of the CD's I have ripped are my own personal CD's not copys

The cd is burnt as Audio with either Nero (at home) or Roxio (in work) in both case they are not burnt as data.

This has solved a mystery as I was not too sure if burnign as audio did create it as CDA. Cheers for clearing it up Cheeky.

I've noticed that IS200 CD-Player will skip on last tracks of the CD-R if the disc was burned very high speed using my Plextor CD-R drive (like 48X or higher).

-- Administrator - Please remove the "ad" below if you feel it is inappropriate --

I've made a little program that can be used to rip the copy-protected CD's to harddisk, and then burn them to a CD-R you can play on your IS-200. (However, ripping the Copy-Protected CD's may not be possible with all CD-ROM drives, but with most of them).

*** Link removed by javadude but see below :) ***

I use SuperchargedL's Easy CD Extractor and found it to be really good at ripping all CDs both for quality and getting around copy protection. It's shareware and I've chosen to buy it - it's well worth the approx £15 ($29.95).

You can find it here: ripping sw (This links ok cause it's a recommendation and not an advert :winky: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links