Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Major Service Due, Exploring options...

23 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Slightly adjacent to the main theme, yesterday my RX MOT was due, and passed, no advisories so good news there then. On the accompanying walk-around video of my car the Lexus Derby technician identified leakage on the a/c condenser. Without warranty a replacement would have set me back £700+.  Today, Lexus Derby, emailed to say when would you like to bring it in? So there's two views here, firstly, £700 sounds pretty scandalous, what's the world coming too? Or secondly, what fantastic reassurance you get from knowing you have a Lexus warranty that shields you from such of life's vicissitudes. I for one choose the latter. 😎

Yes a wise choice for sure, btw they never gave me a walk around ?

Well never knew that.

Called Derby today asking about service costs and told them I had bought a plan yesterday at Lexus Wolverhampton & would be coming to them for its next service.

Turns out that a plan is only of use at the dealership you bought it, I naively thought it would be UK wide.

Now cancelled.

Got my Car back from Lexus Today, £375 for a Major including the loan Car. (UX250h)

@markeyszoo That's a bargain! 

Spoke to them about the 10 year+ warranty...It does exist 😀 It's £500 for a year, but it's not been rolled out across all dealerships. Seems only to be the ones further south at the moment that are offering it. person I spoke to doesn't know if its something that'll eventually make its way up here, either way Bolton Lexus (or Stockport) couldn't offer it to me. 

She said she knows Leicester have been offering it to some of their customers so might be worth phoning them. Can all be done over the phone apparently and once done car can be taken to any Lexus dealer in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, eleveneleven said:

Got my Car back from Lexus Today, £375 for a Major including the loan Car. (UX250h)

That's well under the set price. Wish my local dealer would do that, just paid £455 without car for what is essentially an oil and brake fluid change 😠

1 hour ago, eleveneleven said:

@markeyszoo That's a bargain! 

Spoke to them about the 10 year+ warranty...It does exist 😀 It's £500 for a year, but it's not been rolled out across all dealerships. Seems only to be the ones further south at the moment that are offering it. person I spoke to doesn't know if its something that'll eventually make its way up here, either way Bolton Lexus (or Stockport) couldn't offer it to me. 

She said she knows Leicester have been offering it to some of their customers so might be worth phoning them. Can all be done over the phone apparently and once done car can be taken to any Lexus dealer in the UK. 

Good to hear. However being a Lexus UK policy (so can be used at any dealer) seems a very strange comment that it's not being offered by all dealers... 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VFR said:

Well never knew that.

Called Derby today asking about service costs and told them I had bought a plan yesterday at Lexus Wolverhampton & would be coming to them for its next service.

Turns out that a plan is only of use at the dealership you bought it, I naively thought it would be UK wide.

Now cancelled.

Did you re sign with Derby? 

No just asked about service costs & now I know just what I was buying (thanks guys) there is no benefit to me unless a good discount is given for paying up front (which was) but not being tied to that dealer.

I will have my next service done at Derby and if the service (all of it) is good I will sign with them if they offer the same.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2022 at 6:01 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Perhaps my experience will clarify things a little Linus.

I bought a 12 year old (2009) RX450 last August from a private dealer, with 96k miles on the clock. I read about the 10 year plus extended warranty on here so I emailed my local Lexus dealer asking for details, and received a reply saying my car was too old for an extended warranty. I then phoned Lexus customer services, who confirmed the existence of the 10 year plus warranty,  and emailed details to my dealer. I was then provided with the extended warranty for around 500 quid a year, renewable annually until car is 15 yrs old or 150k miles. Warranty also includes UK and European breakdown cover.

So, it seems no existing warrranty is required, and you can just go in and buy it. Car needs to be serviced by Lexus to keep warranty valid,  and I think they might want to carry out an inspection first if they didn't service it last.

In short, there is a standalone extended warranty for cars 10-15yrs old and 100k-150k miles, but not all dealers appear to be aware of it, and so it may require a call to Lexus to send them the info.

That is very good news, but your experience proves Lexus keeping it under wraps and one has to insist on having it before they get it and dealers don't even want to take it on. It is kind of strange, because this would be great thing for Lexus as a brand. If I ever want warranty it will be exactly for the car between 10-15years old, because Lexus easily last 10 years, so warranty is not really big deal, yet usually becomes worthless after 15 years, so warranty simply no longer makes economical sense. Whereas between 10-15 years old car is still valuable enough to care, but old enough to actually go wrong. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links