Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First MOT

Moleman

8 hours ago, Moleman said:

Just had the first MOT done (slightly early), perfect pass. 31K miles of faultless, trouble-free driving. The CT a great car.

Same had mine done last Friday and had its 3 year service and it was no problem at all. Mine has only covered 12k in the 3 years. Wonder if ours were built near each other as mine was registered 12th March. Cost of service and MOT was £289 from Lexus Teeside 

10 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Wonder if ours were built near each other as mine was registered 12th March. Cost of service and MOT was £289 from Lexus Teeside 

Could be mine was registered 28th March. MOT £49 - 30K service last November as part of Service Plan. I am going to renew the Lexus Assistance, for the price the package is really good as it covers my Starlet as well as any car I travel in.

53 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Could be mine was registered 28th March. MOT £49 - 30K service last November as part of Service Plan. I am going to renew the Lexus Assistance, for the price the package is really good as it covers my Starlet as well as any car I travel in.

Think I will take a look at the Lexus assistance. Decided to do the MOT and service the same time so I have just one trip to the dealers a year fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Decided to do the MOT and service the same time so I have just one trip to the dealers a year fingers crossed. 

That’s exactly what I have done since an MoT became a requirement for the car.  Now, I expect that some owners may question the need to service a Lexus annually in lieu of a mileage factor, on the basis, perhaps, that the mechanical wear rate is simply not comparable.

I contrast that with the added convenience of organising one dealer visit - or collection - and the added value benefit of maintaining a Full Service History with a Lexus dealer for what is still a relatively young car.

• Like 2

I too have always had my cars serviced and (if needed) MOT'd at the same time. I figure the garage is unlikely or would be embarrassed to fail a car they had just serviced! Seems to have worked so far.........

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LenT said:

That’s exactly what I have done since an MoT became a requirement for the car.  Now, I expect that some owners may question the need to service a Lexus annually in lieu of a mileage factor, on the basis, perhaps, that the mechanical wear rate is simply not comparable.

I contrast that with the added convenience of organising one dealer visit - or collection - and the added value benefit of maintaining a Full Service History with a Lexus dealer for what is still a relatively young car.

If you value your car and want to keep it right you service it regardless. As mine has super low miles is a yearly basis but since it turned 3 years last Friday just made sense to do both service and MOT at the same time.  It was when they said 30k service you not done even 12k in 3 years i felt bad as the car should be used more but with working from home more it sits out the front 5-6 days of the week.  

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 8:13 AM, Moleman said:

I am going to renew the Lexus Assistance, for the price the package is really good as it covers my Starlet as well as any car I travel in.

Spoke to Lexus yesterday about renewing the Lexus Assistance and found I had been given a three month extension during Covid - result. Now not due to the end of June. Price to renew £135 for one year. £230 for two years. Will likely go for the two year package. 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, joelfigueira said:

It was when they said 30k service you not done even 12k in 3 years i felt bad as the car should be used more but with working from home more it sits out the front 5-6 days of the week.  

One word - fun.

Driving a car doesn't always need a reason other than you just want to get out and enjoy a drive.

Ok, the price of petrol at the moment is affecting that but I enjoy driving my Lexus so much that I've been known to do a 30 mile round trip for a bottle of milk rather than walk a few hundred yards to our local shop.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Herbie said:

One word - fun.

Driving a car doesn't always need a reason other than you just want to get out and enjoy a drive.

Ok, the price of petrol at the moment is affecting that but I enjoy driving my Lexus so much that I've been known to do a 30 mile round trip for a bottle of milk rather than walk a few hundred yards to our local shop.

I know I need to get out more on it and enjoy the CT. Just the last two years with working from home I have got use to just looking at it than driving 😂

have some weekends planned away so will enjoy it then. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links