Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RZ revealed

Dunno.

On one of the three California videos I have seen you can see it written at the top of the information sheet one of the fellas is holding.

I think it is actually mentioned in two of the videos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

The price just went up by a couple of thousands

I am losing interest fast! The Mustang Mach E I test drove yesterday went up by £3k on 1/4/23. 

25 minutes ago, Whoever said:

I am losing interest fast! The Mustang Mach E I test drove yesterday went up by £3k on 1/4/23. 

For those of us that preordered, the price is fixed ( or so it should)

Did you like the Mach E ?

With the increase meaning they probably won’t offer discounts on our secured prices, I am quickly losing interest, despite my car being on the way.  
I did see the post about discounts offered by web sales but don’t fancy waiting another 6 - 9 months 

39 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

With the increase meaning they probably won’t offer discounts on our secured prices, I am quickly losing interest, despite my car being on the way.  
I did see the post about discounts offered by web sales but don’t fancy waiting another 6 - 9 months 

If yours is on its way, can you let me know when you ordered it?  I ordered mine last May and it hasn't even started production yet.  I am also losing interest. There are a lot of cars out there with a bigger range and currently bigger discounts available. I  really don't want to buy at 72k and then see the price drop or the residuals after 2/3 years.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

Tesla recently reduced their list prices by circa 10% but for some odd reason Lexus have just increased the list prices for the RZ 

Tesla make money on their EV sales and are continuously improving the manufacturing efficiency. Toyota admit they are far behind and may not break even on each RZ.

This is a somewhat biased article, but the heart of the problem is Toyota are still not designing an EV from the ground up, just adapting existing platforms.

https://thedriven.io/2023/03/01/toyota-admits-tesla-model-y-is-truly-a-work-of-art-as-it-rethinks-ev-strategy/

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 2

But that wouldn’t apply to UK cars which are made in China or Berlin. I suspect the discounts were because they are overproducing and need to keep cash coming in during the downturn in Europe. The delivery time has also shot down, again due to production outweighing recent demand. Perhaps the market realised Tesla is over producing and may need yet another cash call. 
Taking £8k off the list of Model Y Performance is a serious discount and wouldn’t be given on a model unless there was a serious need to move cars. An optioned up Model Y Performance is £ 15k cheaper than a RZ Takumi. The Lexus will be far superior to the Tesla but will the market be there for a £ 75k car with relatively small range ?

One question for the dealer will be what is the residual value in a PCP in 3 or 5 years time. If it’s low then I’ll walk away - I’m paying cash and will probably sell within 3 years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

One question for the dealer will be what is the residual value in a PCP in 3 or 5 years time. If it’s low then I’ll walk away - I’m paying cash and will probably sell within 3 years. 

Three years, 30K miles, residual value  is 50.354%

Screenshot 2023-04-08 152025.png

On 4/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, wivenhoe said:

The Lexus will be far superior to the Tesla but will the market be there for a £ 75k car with relatively small range ?

Fit & finish and material quality yes but the Tesla is far superior in performance, Battery efficiency, charging, infotainment, software, security, heating/cooling, running costs (no servicing), 

• Like 3

I thought this article should be posted on the Forum....

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/e-fuel/

I read that David Richard’s Prodrive is very much involved…!

I met David once while we were both getting fuel at Eaglescott. 

https://www.eaglescott-airfield.com/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links