Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Lexus RX450h F-Sport Engine Noise Update / 8.5.22

We've finally got the Car back from Lexus Gatwick and the Engine is now running perfectly through the 15 Second Cycle where the Knocking/Rattle/ Vibration was before.

Engine is now smooth with no strange noises and car is driving perfectly.

It has come back with a small mark that is hard to see unless the light is right, and  Tim, their Master Technician who repaired the engine said they will be sorting this matter out and apologized profusely saying the car had been moved lots of times since the car was returned on March 28th and they didn't see it.

Engine wise, the parts that were replaced were Cylinder 4 Fuel Injector on the first visit, and Cylinder 1 Port Fuel Injector on this visit.

In my last Update, i said they had found the Engine was down on Power. This turned out to be a High Pressure Hose that was kinked  and a new one was fitted.

Got to say a big thankyou to Tim, what a lovely, genuine person to deal with and kept me up to date with how the repair was going. You know when you talk to someone if they know their stuff, and he certainly did .

Motorline Lexus Gatwick need Tim to give a few lessons to certain other people they employ how to deal with the Public who spend a lot of money with them.

Happy at last 

Thanks everyone

Rob

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, robpace said:

We've finally got the Car back from Lexus Gatwick and the Engine is now running perfectly through the 15 Second Cycle where the Knocking/Rattle/ Vibration was before.

Engine is now smooth with no strange noises and car is driving perfectly.

It has come back with a small mark that is hard to see unless the light is right, and  Tim, their Master Technician who repaired the engine said they will be sorting this matter out and apologized profusely saying the car had been moved lots of times since the car was returned on March 28th and they didn't see it.

Engine wise, the parts that were replaced were Cylinder 4 Fuel Injector on the first visit, and Cylinder 1 Port Fuel Injector on this visit.

In my last Update, i said they had found the Engine was down on Power. This turned out to be a High Pressure Hose that was kinked  and a new one was fitted.

Got to say a big thankyou to Tim, what a lovely, genuine person to deal with and kept me up to date with how the repair was going. You know when you talk to someone if they know their stuff, and he certainly did .

Motorline Lexus Gatwick need Tim to give a few lessons to certain other people they employ how to deal with the Public who spend a lot of money with them.

Happy at last 

Thanks everyone

Rob

Congratulations.Very pleased for you. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Now you can enjoy your RX to the full.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Pleased to hear you have you're problems resolved. My RX is in to the dealer on Monday for a very similar problem. I must say I am so far impressed that as soon as I described the problem to one of the technicians he mentioned straight away the cylinder 1 port fuel injector. So here's hoping I do not have to go through the same procedure as you have had to go through.

Bri

1 hour ago, Brian26 said:

Pleased to hear you have you're problems resolved. My RX is in to the dealer on Monday for a very similar problem. I must say I am so far impressed that as soon as I described the problem to one of the technicians he mentioned straight away the cylinder 1 port fuel injector. So here's hoping I do not have to go through the same procedure as you have had to go through.

Bri

Why not provide the Lexus Dealer with a complete copy of this entire Thread Brian ?

That's a good idea royoftherovers !

Just to let everyone know , Lexus Gatwick again took the car back for just over a week to repair the small mark/ Dent.

They left us a 22 Plate NX 300 F - Sport as a Courtesy Car which is a very nice car but we prefer the RX450 for the space and bigger engine.

Ours was delivered back on Thursday with dent and a few other Marks all repaired and resprayed looking beautiful.

We now have the perfect car at last Engine and Bodywork wise we though we had bought in January ... a lovely drive 

So Warranty with Lexus Gatwick lasts until January 2023 which should coincide with the 80000 Full Service which will be done at our local Lexus Dealer at Guildford, who have looked after our Two previous RXs.

Thanks everyone for advice

Rob

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, robpace said:

That's a good idea royoftherovers !

Just to let everyone know , Lexus Gatwick again took the car back for just over a week to repair the small mark/ Dent.

They left us a 22 Plate NX 300 F - Sport as a Courtesy Car which is a very nice car but we prefer the RX450 for the space and bigger engine.

It was delivered back on Thursday with dent and a few other Marks all repaired and resprayed looking beautiful.

We now have the perfect car at last Engine and Bodywork wise we though we had bought in January ... a lovely drive 

So Warranty with Lexus Gatwick lasts until January 2023 which should consider with the 80000 Full Service which will be done at our local Lexus Dealer at Guildford, who have looked after our Two previous RXs.

Thanks everyone for advice

Rob

Our youngest Daughter bought a UX from Gatwick. A lousy handover was provided and I had to ask Chester to do it again.

My advice is to ensure that everything that is communicated is done so in writing

(email, text etc ). Do NOT rely on oral exchanges which, by their nature cannot be evidenced.

• Like 1

Bri

Not Lexus Gatwick is it Brian ?

When mine was in for the Second Time having Number 1 Cylinder Port Injector replaced, The Technician said there was another one next door to mine that had exactly the same rattle/Knock as mine .

Hope yours gets fixed, let us know if it is the same fault please !

Thanks

Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob, No it is not in at Lexus Gatwick. It has gone in to somewhere a lot closer to where I live! It is in at Lexus Hull, and after having it in for one day they rang me today and said they have identified that the No1 port injector is 'misfiring' and causing the engine to run both noisy and rough and have ordered me a new one under warranty which will be fitted tomorrow. Apparently this injector is used to start the engine, then after 15 seconds or so the engine switches over the the normal injectors. This would account why the engine runs smoothly after several seconds. They have also agreed to replace the front discs as one of them was warped an causing a quite severe vibration under braking and to refurb the wheels as they were starting so show signs of corrosion again.

So all in all a very satisfied customer!

Bri

• Like 3

Apparently this injector is used to start the engine, then after 15 seconds or so the engine switches over the the normal injectors.

I guess the modern equivalent of the choke 😉

Well I have now had the car back for a number of days and ( touch wood) it is sorted. The engine seems to run a lot smoother on tickover than it has done for months. So I would say that the problem was without a doubt the No1 port fuel injector.

Bri

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Brian26 said:

Well I have now had the car back for a number of days and ( touch wood) it is sorted. The engine seems to run a lot smoother on tickover than it has done for months. So I would say that the problem was without a doubt the No1 port fuel injector.

Bri

Pleased to hear you've had it repaired Brian .

Still bugs me that Lexus Gatwick Aftersales Manager tried to fob me off with 'Its a Character sound of that engine' but when Tim, Their Master Technician heard it, he said its not and thought at the time it was an Injector Fault.

All happy now though and can't wait until Lexus Guildford are back looking after it !

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have followed this post as my 2016 had exactly the same issue, even down to me showing Lexus Milton Keynes Roberts videos as the noise and vibrations were identical.  

They told me it was a known issue with fuel pump and injectors, and have picked it up after warranty work this morning.   They have replaced both the high pressure fuel pump and injector one.  They say the issue has been resolved and as i only picked it up this morning, time will tell.

The Lexus chap did say there was a paper written on the fuel pump issue, that was affecting injectors and that they had a few in lately with same problem.  They rang Lexus UK to get authorisation to do the job on Monday and it was authorised no problem, so it could well be more common than I thought.    

Thanks to this post, i have had the job done via warranty and hopefully back to faultless motoring. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, PGLex said:

They told me it was a known issue with fuel pump and injectors, and have picked it up after warranty work this morning.   They have replaced both the high pressure fuel pump and injector one.

Looking at the online Service History for my 2018 RX I can see the fuel pump was replaced under recall VGG05.

1 hour ago, PGLex said:

Have followed this post as my 2016 had exactly the same issue, even down to me showing Lexus Milton Keynes Roberts videos as the noise and vibrations were identical.  

They told me it was a known issue with fuel pump and injectors, and have picked it up after warranty work this morning.   They have replaced both the high pressure fuel pump and injector one.  They say the issue has been resolved and as i only picked it up this morning, time will tell.

The Lexus chap did say there was a paper written on the fuel pump issue, that was affecting injectors and that they had a few in lately with same problem.  They rang Lexus UK to get authorisation to do the job on Monday and it was authorised no problem, so it could well be more common than I thought.    

Thanks to this post, i have had the job done via warranty and hopefully back to faultless motoring. 

Suppose I was lucky in a sense.

I had it replaced 4 years ago. My car is a Feb 2016 and it started around 20k miles. They diagnosed and replaced within a week at that point too.

And to be told it was a 'Characteristic Sound' of that type of engine by Gatwicks Aftersales  Manager ! 

Glad to report it still perfect since coming home from its last Lexus Gatwick Visit .

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links