Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Lights

oldjoe

1 hour ago, oldjoe said:

where is the switch that controls these lights as mine are staying on. Have removed bulbs for now to stop battery drain. 2006 facelift.

How do the lenses come off to remove the bulbs?

Mine seem stuck to the carpet 🤔🤔

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 6:39 PM, oldjoe said:

where is the switch that controls these lights as mine are staying on. Have removed bulbs for now to stop battery drain. 2006 facelift.

How do you know that they're staying on? It sounds a bit like wondering whether the fridge light has gone out. I ask out of genuine curiosity—I haven't yet taken delivery of my SC430 purchase, but hope it will arrive by the end of this week.

I'm a bit concerned about Battery drain because it's going to have to wait a while before I can start motoring again, having just had both cataracts done!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ken Timbers said:

I'm a bit concerned about battery drain because it's going to have to wait a while before I can start motoring again,

Maybe invest in a Battery maintainer that you can leave hooked up to the Battery if car is in garage or close to house off road, failing that try a solar charger that can be left on the dash which would trickle charge the Battery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Timbers said:

How do you know that they're staying on? It sounds a bit like wondering whether the fridge light has gone out.

Set your smartphone camera to record video, put it in the boot and shut the lid.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Maybe invest in a battery maintainer that you can leave hooked up to the battery if car is in garage or close to house off road, failing that try a solar charger that can be left on the dash which would trickle charge the battery. 

I've got the AA solar charger and I used it on my last car, a RC300. It plugged into the socket in the armrest cavity, but I don't know whether the SC430's socket works the same way. Presumably that socket is capable of supplying power, but is it capable of receiving a charge from the solar? Has anyone experience of doing that?

• Confused 1

Hi Ken

I don't know for sure but if it worked on your RC300 then it will hopefully work on your SC. 

Perhaps asking that question to the SC technical expert or top electrician at the Lexus dealer you are buying it from will answer your question?

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links