Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 UX

3 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

I've already ordered the standard spec with Premium Plus Pack,

I've noticed it's not that more to have a Sunroof. Has anyone got a sunroof and would they say it's worth the extra £750. I know "worth" is a broad statement but just interested to know if anyone who's had one wouldn't do without it again or if they think it's a nice to have

One point to consider is the reduced headroom 908 vs 947. With a sunroof there's only just enough headroom for me. Also I've just noticed the F Sport has 18/19 mm less headroom than the other models.

19 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

I've noticed it's not that more to have a Sunroof. Has anyone got a sunroof and would they say it's worth the extra £750. I know "worth" is a broad statement but just interested to know if anyone who's had one wouldn't do without it again or if they think it's a nice to have

I would say yes. I have one in my current UX and have another on order which has this feature. I personally like this option, its design is such I can drive at seventy with it fully open and wind noise is quite small considering. I also find having the blind open in the daylight brightens the interior given its mostly black head lining and side panels on my model. 

• Like 1

I took delivery of a Premium Plus Pro in January this year, one of the reasons I ordered this spec. is because it included Heads up Display but reading through the 2023 spec. it seems that Heads up Display is only available on the Takumi models (unless I have missed it).

The Premium Plus Pro also included a sunroof, something I don’t use very often. I think I would have preferred self closing wing mirrors instead.

The Takumi models are priced at £45.000 putting them in the higher VED levels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, Beduffshirl said:

I have the sunroof and looks good. As for £750 i cant say as i got mine and colour with a cancelled order. I got a takumi colour for seating with the softest of leather, which has now been replaced for the 23 models. 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, duotone said:

I took delivery of a Premium Plus Pro in January this year, one of the reasons I ordered this spec. is because it included Heads up Display but reading through the 2023 spec. it seems that Heads up Display is only available on the Takumi models (unless I have missed it).

The Premium Plus Pro also included a sunroof, something I don’t use very often. I think I would have preferred self closing wing mirrors instead.

The Takumi models are priced at £45.000 putting them in the higher VED levels.

My Premium Plus Pro purchase was in July, and never got a heads-up display. The heads-up display was only for the takumi models, but with the media pack it was available on some manufacturing dates i'm told. 

It was never available after April on any Lexus other than the takumi 

The Manual folding wing mirrors are for the old school of thought in that in freezing weather you can defrost the mirror first before using them. They are very delicate and using them on opening of the doors when iced they will break at some point. They are also very expensive. I have got used to it but yes it is annoying at times in having to return to the car to close the mirrors  

On 8/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, fourbanks said:

The Manual folding wing mirrors are for the old school of thought in that in freezing weather you can defrost the mirror first before using them. They are very delicate and using them on opening of the doors when iced they will break at some point. They are also very expensive. I have got used to it but yes it is annoying at times in having to return to the car to close the mirrors  

I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but why do you need to close the mirrors? Which purpose does it serve?

Personally, I find the feature useless and have turned it off immediately after delivery. I live in a cold climate, so the issue of breaking if operated while frozen seems very real to me. But I don't see a need for the mirrors folding when locking the car. If I am parked in a tight spot it is better if someone touching my car gets a warning by coming in contact with the mirror, rather than scratching or denting the rest of the car.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:28 PM, duotone said:

I also notice that the “piano keys” for the climate control have changed.

Shame,, I quite liked those buttons.

9F5EAAF5-0318-4170-8EFD-2DA9D5034BC8.jpeg

I think they are the  same, because the removed the CD player they look different but they are still the same keys.

Captura de pantalla 2022-09-03 110703.jpg

BTW, ordered mine late May. Already being transported to Europe, should arrive at the dealer the 3rd week of this month.

46 minutes ago, mhult said:

I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but why do you need to close the mirrors? Which purpose does it serve?

For me, it's an easy indicator that the car is locked. Can be confirmed from across the car park and at home from my kitchen window.

I had the function on my Mercedes and it worked flawlessly for 12yrs (and may still do for all I know!)

• Like 2

From when I first started looking at changing to my first Lexus I found their specification data quite erratic, I commented at the time I hope the famed Lexus attention to detail was better on the cars than I found it to be on marketing info.

One item that springs to mind is the indicators are described as sequential, well as confirmed by several other owners at the time, my Takumi indicators are certainly not sequential unless Leus have their own idea of what sequential means (as seen on cars such as Audi)

Bill D.

• Like 1

I was informed by my dealership that the new UX MY23 does not start production until January. I'm in for a service end of Sept so thought id take a look at one. Told they would have a demo in it comes in Sept. Then they checked the email and it was November. So they must be doing a small production batch for dealer Demo's I think Tel mentioned up the thread that demo's arrive a bit earlier. Enquiring about delivery times told if ordering now looking at next June/July i think they said. I am not wanting to buy just have a look at one and kill a bit of time while vehicle serviced. Thought you might be interested in what I was told.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:07 AM, jacme said:

I think they are the  same, because the removed the CD player they look different but they are still the same keys.

Captura de pantalla 2022-09-03 110703.jpg

BTW, ordered mine late May. Already being transported to Europe, should arrive at the dealer the 3rd week of this month.

You are correct about the “piano keys” . They have not changed for the 2023 models.

I should have checked…

BA2737B5-434E-4D56-ADCF-2D7259A84864.jpeg

23 hours ago, ALAW said:

I was informed by my dealership that the new UX MY23 does not start production until January. I'm in for a service end of Sept so thought id take a look at one. Told they would have a demo in it comes in Sept. Then they checked the email and it was November. So they must be doing a small production batch for dealer Demo's I think Tel mentioned up the thread that demo's arrive a bit earlier. Enquiring about delivery times told if ordering now looking at next June/July i think they said. I am not wanting to buy just have a look at one and kill a bit of time while vehicle serviced. Thought you might be interested in what I was told.

I ordered in July and was told that my order would be to MY23 specs as production would be to this spec from August. Having had previous experience of the dreaded touch pad I checked with three other dealers and they all stated the same. They also said demo cars would be available from September.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:06 AM, ALAW said:

This doesn't sound right... What variant did you chose? I ordered mine (celestial blue business city) in May and it got built early August.

1 hour ago, jacme said:

This doesn't sound right... What variant did you chose? I ordered mine (celestial blue business city) in May and it got built early August.

Have you ordered the UX250h in the UK ??

I ordered mine 1st April, still awaiting update on build/delivery.

Its been ordered through the Toyota/Lexus Employee scheme, so I don't have a dealer to chase !!

23 hours ago, Pin_nick said:

I ordered in July and was told that my order would be to MY23 specs as production would be to this spec from August. Having had previous experience of the dreaded touch pad I checked with three other dealers and they all stated the same. They also said demo cars would be available from September.

Interesting this lets see how it develops. I was told Demo's available to dealers Sept. Then when i said good i will have a look at one in Sept when i come in for service. The rep checked and said different it would be November and goes into production January. What date have you been given for delivery.

3 hours ago, Willsth said:

Have you ordered the UX250h in the UK ??

I ordered mine 1st April, still awaiting update on build/delivery.

Its been ordered through the Toyota/Lexus Employee scheme, so I don't have a dealer to chase !!

I haven't ordered anything just thought I would have a look while in dealer. Keep us posted when you get your UX250h MY23 delivered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links