Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm goes off

Lexus is300h 2018 , in hot weather the storage lid, between driver , passenger, pops open !! And set off the alarm? Between 3pm and 4 .. just as the sun gets hot ... Leaving the lid open does stop it .. any one else have this problem , can the lid catch be adjusted? 

If the lid is left open and the alarm still goes off it must be an electric pulse trying to open the lid even if it is open. Case for Lexus. Their computers when connected should be able to see what it is.

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

If the lid is left open and the alarm still goes off it must be an electric pulse trying to open the lid even if it is open.

Leaving the lid open does stop it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only things I can think of is either the catch/handle need lubricating with some silicone spray so it properly engages, some padding has been applied to stop the lid rattling but is stopping the catch fully applying, or the rubber stoppers on the lid aren't fully pushed home.

image.thumb.png.40bd110636bd702e1e79eca1bb8bef7e.png

There are no real adjustments you can make. Other than loosening off the hinge screw and retightening them which may have a fraction of a mm play in it to level it better.

image.thumb.png.ef51248a8ea648c5248329009a031ab9.png

image.thumb.png.2a2685f11265717c97cfb584b554de4d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mine did this too once, when parking on the drive facing out (south facing drive). I now park facing inwards no issues. Catch was clearly not tested at the upper end of the temperature range...🤔

12 hours ago, Maxz said:

Mine did this too once, when parking on the drive facing out (south facing drive). I now park facing inwards no issues. Catch was clearly not tested at the upper end of the temperature range...🤔

You would think it was heat tested since it comes out of Japan which is wayyyyy hotter than UK 😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

You would think it was heat tested since it comes out of Japan which is wayyyyy hotter than UK 😉

It would have been tested for far hotter climates than Japan (which isn't that much hotter than the UK).

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It would have been tested for far hotter climates than Japan (which isn't that much hotter than the UK).

Japan is much warmer than the UK and has more extremes of temperatures and humidity. Japan is a huge country stretching some 2.5k miles north to south. The south Islands are tropical and the north island has very cold winters. Summer in Tokyo is unbelievably humid ...

That all said the cars would be tested/stressed in climate chambers at even more extreme temperatures.

We in the UK have a very benign climate

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Japan is much warmer than the UK and has more extremes of temperatures and humidity. Japan is a huge country stretching some 2.5k miles north to south. The south Islands are tropical and the north island has very cold winters. Summer in Tokyo is unbelievably humid ...

Agreed, but in terms of average high temp, the south isn't that similar to the south of the UK and max. temp ever recorded isn't that different either.

There are hotter places like Dubai or parts of Australia where Toyota/Lexus are sold, and as you say they would be tested in more extremes than any market they are selling into.

• Like 1

The latch does only just catch , I have applied some , pressure pushing it forward .. and I guess I will have to keep it out the sun , or just leave it up, on hot days . maybe chat to Lexus next time it goes for a service .  Can't be the only Lexus with this problem?

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

These days I think it is way hotter many places than it has ever been before. Record temperatures in several countries.

When parked in sun temperature in cars were always far higher than comfortable and with the heatwaves now!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links