Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

FM transmitters

Hello

Can anyone recommend an FM transmitter that receives Bluetooth and transmits to FM?  Needed for my wife's car as there's no line input and I want to be able to play from my Iphone. amazon has loads of them in every shape and size you can imagine, and Halfords have a few too, but I cannot find a single one that says it supports AAC.

I bought one of the cheap amazon ones and it's ok for spoken word but terrible quality for music, likely due to being a cheap FM transmitter plus SBC/AD2P codecs only.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for something higher quality but so far haven't found anything.

Cheers,
Mark

I've used various Victsing (sp?) ones over the years (in the £10-15 region) and they're generally fine. Inevitably you'll stray into 'Horlicks FM' or 'Shank Respec FM' somewhere on a journey but it soon passes 🙂

Also, they generally come with fast charging sockets which is a bonus.

On my RX I fitted a GROM device which is more expensive (about £100 if I recall correctly), but plugs easily into the back of the stereo and will play CD quality through your CD mode - when you press the CD button you just press it again so it shows as 'CD1' I think and then you're all set. They can come with AUX cables or Bluetooth connection for your music/calls, etc

I'm sure there are CD adapters like the cassette type to allow Bluetooth streaming but Iphone Bluetooth is oh so picky as they screw up the Bluetooth. I strongly recommend an android phone then the world is your oyster on what's available. If you insist on sticking with the Iphone then I wish you well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links