Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nextbase offer

After a few more days of driving the 450h and checking the recordings I can confirm that the OBD2 connector for the Thinkware camera works perfectly.

Ignition on and the camera starts up in to normal continuous recording mode, ignition off and it goes in to parking mode.

• Like 1

We got the dealer to fit the Lexus recommended front/rear dash cams.  At first we were disappointed/annoyed to be told 'Lexus will only allow the Nextbase 380GW to be installed as a dealer fit' as it's a dashcam intended for commercial vans

But I have to say we were wrong, the fit looks very good front and back, you don't get a real time display of video on the camera but that also means the viewing obstruction is much less.  And there is an option to wirelessly connect to a phone for a live camera view (never done it in motion)

1 minute ago, Stevek13 said:

I can't say exactly, will have to look it up (it's actually my wife's car) and get back to you.   

No rush, I am going to get them fitted on my 350h Takumi  which has been on order since Feb, but at this rate I will probably not get it until mid 2023 !

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, ABitterman said:

I took my Nextbase 622GW F&R cameras  out of my old V90 before I returned it. Lexus Derby have quoted me £245 just to fit them into my NX. Only cost me £99 when Halfords fitted them!

You're a brave man. I wouldn't trust Halfords to install a teabag into a cup!

It's an easy enough DIY job or if you don't feel confident DIY-ing then an auto electrician or car hifi/entertainment installer will do it.

Finally got round to fitting my Thinkware F800 with OBD power connector and it works fine. Front cable is easy to hide, haven't got round to fitting the rear camera yet. The camera is hidden (from drivers view) behind the rear view mirror.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Addh said:

Finally got round to fitting my Thinkware F800 with OBD power connector and it works fine.

Mine has dropped in to parking mode on 2 occasions when sat in stationery traffic, but came “back to life” as soon as I started moving again so yes, works fine with the OBD connector👍

Hi there

If I wanted the nextbase cameras installed, at what point should I tell my dealer? My car is currently due to arrive at the dealer in the next week or so. I had thought they would reach out offering the cameras but have yet.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, ABitterman said:

I took my Nextbase 622GW F&R cameras  out of my old V90 before I returned it. Lexus Derby have quoted me £245 just to fit them into my NX. Only cost me £99 when Halfords fitted them!

£245 for fitting, is there any idiot willing to pay for it😆😆  

I think Lexus Derby try to scam the customer

I bought a brand new Nextbase 380gw myself and rang Lexus Liverpool for a price to install. They wouldn't quote saying that they couldn't guarantee the camera. I didn't want them to guarantee it just to fit it. Still no go, so had it independently fitted for £70.00.

Popped into my dealership this afternoon, was quoted £375 supply and fit for front and rear Nextbase dash cam system for my NX350h due 2023, so I ordered it today, payment when I collect the car, hopefully for 1st March '23 for the new reg (even though I will put my private plate on it).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links