Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

Recently bought a Lexus RX 450h and noticed the next day a rattle as soon as I start the engine (when cold). It only lasts for about 15-20 seconds. I have replaced the spark plugs but not the ignition coils. Has anyone had the same issue and what would you recommend please ? Also what brand would you go for when it comes to these coils ? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

I would recommend taking it to a trusted technician and ask them to diagnose the problem. Even if you end up fixing it yourself, it doesn't pay to guess with cars because you'll run out of money before you run out of guesses.

• Like 4

Hey all. Thank you for the replies. Apologies for the delay. I didn't get any notifications and I was thinking nobody replied to my post. At the moment I am waiting for my mechanic to get back from holiday and we will plug it on and see if the car will show some error codes. Will keep you posted.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, PCM said:

Does it sound like the issue you have/had, Lucian. 

Any progress at all?

It's a bit different. Sounds metalic but the wheel isn't moving. I would say rather running without oil in the engine. Also it comes and goes. It disappeared for almost a week, then it's back 

Hi Lucian, When my RX was making the noise it sounded like someone was attacking the top of the engine with a hammer ( not a big one but a hammer never the less!). It also came and went at random. Sometimes it was absent for a week or more and then I would get it for two days one after the other. If you have looked at the the thread mentioned above by Piers mine was sorted by changing the No1 port injector.

Bri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, Brian26 said:

Hi Lucian, When my RX was making the noise it sounded like someone was attacking the top of the engine with a hammer ( not a big one but a hammer never the less!). It also came and went at random. Sometimes it was absent for a week or more and then I would get it for two days one after the other. If you have looked at the the thread mentioned above by Piers mine was sorted by changing the No1 port injector.

Bri

Thanks Brian, will have them checked.

6 hours ago, LucianVP said:

Thanks Brian, will have them checked.

Sounds very similar. Now that you mentioned the injectors I will get them checked and report back. It seems very common this rattle when cold. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links