Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just found this on Gumtree - Silver 460, not quite ready to leap to a 460, but if I was I would be on M6 right now

Gumtree link

or

ebay link

Also some nice looking Jags, but thats for another day (and another house with a bigger parking lot!!!)

3 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

and another house with a bigger parking lot!!!

hahahahahahaha .....  and a bigger budget to cope with all the repair costs too compared to the Lexus :wink3:

Malc

Just now, Malc said:

hahahahahahaha .....  and a bigger budget to cope with all the repair costs too compared to the Lexus :wink3:

But buying a house with a bigger parking space, would have meant winning the lottery, so money would not be a problem, and I might even buy a Maserati Quattroporte 🤑

• Like 1

Having done extensive research on both the 430 and 460 ten years ago before opting to stay with a 400 on replacing my 90 400 I am still convinced that I made the best choice.

The 460 is expensive to maintain and not classy enough to stand out against its counterparts in that range of luxury vehicles.

If God forbid anything happened to my LS I would be looking away from the LS range and probably opt for something thats in the smaller lx Hybrids.

This view of things is brought about by the lack of character in any LS that came after the 400 and is why I really look after mine and has nothing to do with keeping or increasing its value it is more to do with the hassle of replacing and being satisfied with its replacement.

• Like 2

I notice it states FSH in the heading but the L is missing, in the description it then states “good history”

MOT history has fails and advisories for tyres, worn brake pads several times which given its “FSH” is slightly alarming, a tyre fail on the 1st MOT more so.

It may be one owner but a caring owner who continues to drive with defective brakes and worn out tyres maybe not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ambermarine said:

The 460 is expensive to maintain and not classy enough to stand out against its counterparts in that range of luxury vehicles.

Phil, you really should preface such statements with 'in my opinion'.  My 460, which I've owned for almost 10 years, has been no more expensive to own than my 400 (15 years). And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tulpen said:

My 460, which I've owned for almost 10 years, has been no more expensive to own than my 400

If one should be fearsome of the bills with a Ls460, then for maybe 50% of the capital cost for a comparable year and miles car, one could have the much rarer Honda Legend of the same time .........  it's a plush car for sure, it's just that I much much prefer my Mk3  Ls400  .......  probably even rarer now being a Mk3 :unsure:

My 56 plate HL is really a brilliant brilliant luxury car and there have been few issues with servicing and maintenance over the 6 years and 35k miles we've had her 

Just a thought !

Malc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malc said:

If one should be fearsome of the bills with a Ls460, then for maybe 50% of the capital cost for a comparable year and miles car, one could have the much rarer Honda Legend of the same time .........  it's a plush car for sure, it's just that I much much prefer my Mk3  Ls400  .......  probably even rarer now being a Mk3 :unsure:

My 56 plate HL is really a brilliant brilliant luxury car and there have been few issues with servicing and maintenance over the 6 years and 35k miles we've had her 

Just a thought !

Malc

That's just the point. Malc......I haven't had any fearsome bills. That's not to say there won't be some nasty surprises in the future.

I agree with you about the Legend. A friend of mine has one of the very early ones and he dreads the day he has to let it go.

• Like 2

Point taken Brian but if you go on utube you will see plenty of video's of disappionted owners who have been hammered with expensive rebuilds of the front suspension and struts.Perhaps those lovely smooth Dutch roads built with bycycles in mind are treating your car well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Point taken Brian but if you go on utube you will see plenty of video's of disappionted owners who have been hammered with expensive rebuilds of the front suspension and struts.Perhaps those lovely smooth Dutch roads built with bycycles in mind are treating your car well.

I agree with you, Phil. I visit family in the UK a couple of times a year and I am appalled at the state of the roads. Reading the British press, they are causing many suspension problems. My own experience is one of hitting a water filled 'bomb crater' just outside Glasgow and destroying a front wheel bearing.

Fingers crossed, my 15 year old LS with 130,000 miles has had no suspension problems at all. The next MOT is due in November - I'll keep you posted.

16 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

I am appalled at the state of the roads.

Well while I have been alive we have had 50% Labour leadership and 50% Tory leadership, and most analysts seems to be saying for last 50 years we have been under-investing in infrastructure.  

So we have poorer railways, poorer roads, poorer sewers, not far off breaking point electric supply, and lack of investment in gas storage.

So we can expect broken suspensions (as I have had with my LS), less electric for your EV, and to be enjoying smelly water for some time to come. Welcome to Broken Britain

(I was once in a Citroen C2 and hit a pothole at 20mph and it stalled the car and cut the electrics out  for 3 minutes.  Heaven knows what actually happened, I suspect my LS would have registered a complaint but not stopped for 3 minutes while it gathered its senses.)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Welcome to Broken Britain

I suspect we lucky people in the UK are much better off than most in the world .......... :yes:

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links