Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX250h F-Sport Premium Plus 2022 - brake issue?

We got a new UX250h F-Sport Premium Plus a couple of weeks ago. Everything is great apart from the fact that the brakes feel a bit spongy and soft. They see to have lots of play before they bite.

I'm used to brakes that bit pretty much immediately, so it might just be familiarity.

Does anyone else have a similar experience or comments.

Thanks.

Hi Mike and welcome to the LOC and Lexus ownership.

I don’t own a hybrid myself but you have to bear in mind that regenerative braking is used and because of this conventional  hydraulic braking is not used constantly as with non hybrids.

Given the above and the newness of the car it may just be the brakes have not yet bedded in, the same effect occurs when new brake pads are fitted and the pedal feel improves with use.

Perhaps also mention this to the dealer on your service visit.

Finally don’t forget Lexus have personal customisation options which will be done to your choice FOC on first service so if you want door locking changes etc take a on the link below.

https://support.lexus.com/s/article/What-are-Lexus-Person-8307

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike_Carey said:

We got a new UX250h F-Sport Premium Plus a couple of weeks ago. Everything is great apart from the fact that the brakes feel a bit spongy and soft. They see to have lots of play before they bite.

I'm used to brakes that bit pretty much immediately, so it might just be familiarity.

Thanks.

My wife’s UX brake pedal is spongy. Took it back after a major service when the brake fluid was changed but they didn’t find anything wrong and they checked a couple of other UXs they had in stock and were the same so just seems to be a characteristic of the vehicle. 

11 hours ago, Mike_Carey said:

Thanks.

Absolutely normal. When braking at first is the regenerative mechanism that slows down the UX, hydraulic braking kicks in when you press with more decision the brake pedal.

If you want to feel the hydraulic brakes you should shift gear in N (neutral) then press the brake pedal, in this case you will use hydraulic braking 100%.

• Like 1

I dont think they're spongy - they're actually more natural than most brake systems

It seems that everyone has got used to the over sensitive brakes on new cars that make your neck hurt as soon as you put your foot on the brake

Still getting used to brakes on my UX, I think probem is sensitivity, difficult to brake gently ( a Rolls Royce stop) at low speed I find but then all cars are different in feel of brakes, steering and clutch if you have a manual box.

Bill D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links