Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autowatch Ghost

Anyone had Autowatch Ghost fitted to their RX?

For anyone that is not aware, this is a cam bus immobiliser that stops your car from starting unless a sequence of buttons within the car is pressed first.

The idea is that a thief can not start your car and drive off with it unless they know which buttons and which order to press them in, which you can decide on.  

• Like 1

Only thing is, the scrotes are already in your pride and joy before this comes into play, so they may damage something just in frustration and spite.

Prevention is better than cure, which is why I use a big yellow steering lock (Stoplock Pro Elite).

• Like 2

I wouldn’t touch a Ghost tbh. I have seen a few that have either been found in less than 5min, ripped out and the car started, or cause issues with the car when driving. Like kicking in when driving at speed etc or through up various warning lights etc. you are better off going for an upgraded alarm and immobiliser system, plus a steering lock as a deterrent.

• Like 2

I see that Thatcham 5S+ do remote disable but again the thieves are already in the car.  Once they are in and driven off would you really want it back?

Nope I wouldn’t want it back tbh. If they get through the after market alarm, and the steering lock, even bypass the immobilisers, they are welcome to the car as they deserve it after going to so much effort to take it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 4:30 PM, Herbie said:

Only thing is, the scrotes are already in your pride and joy before this comes into play, so they may damage something just in frustration and spite.

Prevention is better than cure, which is why I use a big yellow steering lock (Stoplock Pro Elite).

Agree.

An interesting thread.

Steering wheel (VISIBLE) locks generally look good.

I have read reviews where some have become locked on...

I guess even one that 'looked' locked on would be better than none at all?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links