Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2nd SC430

Kevin Williams

In readiness to buy my 2nd SC430… 

From Wikipedia…

In 2005 for the 2006 model year, the SC 430 was updated, with changes that included redesigned alloy wheels and the introduction of Bluetooth capability. 

Am I correct in thinking that SC430’s from 2006. You have the ability to connect and use your mobile phone…?

The 2007 SC430 for sale at Lexus Cambridge doesn’t show in any of the photos how the phone might work… 

https://cambridge.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Sc-Coupe/430-43-2dr-6-Auto-vdcxdjs

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208038438179?postcode=pl253qb&sort=relevance&year-from=2007&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&model=SC%20430&make=Lexus&page=1

Thanks

2  for  1   nay  4  for  1     I could be upgrading my collection of Ls400s for that price .........  :wink3:

sorry I'm just jesting ....  not sure i could ever get in and out of a Sc430 ....  let alone the back seats unless the top was off ........... 

I'm all for upping the keep route of V8s for sure 

trying to fathom how you'd be driving both amazing cars at the same time or indeed how one would choose which to drive of the two :unsure:

ENJOY

Malc

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Malc said:

2  for  1   nay  4  for  1     I could be upgrading my collection of Ls400s for that price .........  :wink3:

sorry I'm just jesting ....  not sure i could ever get in and out of a Sc430 ....  let alone the back seats unless the top was off ........... 

I'm all for upping the keep route of V8s for sure 

trying to fathom how you'd be driving both amazing cars at the same time or indeed how one would choose which to drive of the two :unsure:

ENJOY

Malc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

In readiness to buy my 2nd SC430… 

From Wikipedia…

In 2005 for the 2006 model year, the SC 430 was updated, with changes that included redesigned alloy wheels and the introduction of Bluetooth capability. 

Am I correct in thinking that SC430’s from 2006. You have the ability to connect and use your mobile phone…?

The 2007 SC430 for sale at Lexus Cambridge doesn’t show in any of the photos how the phone might work… 

https://cambridge.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Sc-Coupe/430-43-2dr-6-Auto-vdcxdjs

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208038438179?postcode=pl253qb&sort=relevance&year-from=2007&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&model=SC%20430&make=Lexus&page=1

Thanks

Phone buttons are behind the steering wheel volume controls .

See here..

3638B4AD-8C9A-4E6A-8643-EF573F57B5FB.jpeg

• Like 2

Changes from the pre-facelift model…

sequential 6 speed gearbox 

updated alloys

updated bumper and grill

updated headlamps

phone conductivity

updated reverse lamp lens

updated rear lights

fluorescent Speedo gauges

Different wing indicators

that’s all I can think of at the moment👍🏻

observations about your possible purchase ..

Headlamps have been bleached by the sun , they will not polish out, would insist on new headlamps fitted as they will look yellow under direct sunlight .

yet will look acceptable on an overcast day….new headlamps are around £1300 the pair !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malc said:

had some success very recently with the Honda Legend using the Halfords Turtle Wax product at £6.99 or so 

Malc

Polishing work well on the pre-facelift SC430 headlamp but the later model,It has a different type of lens material and the sun breaks down deep into the plastic, not just on the surface .

If spending that sort of money at a main dealer, they need to be replaced 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Polishing work well on the pre-facelift SC430 headlamp but the later model,It has a different type of lens material and the sun breaks down deep into the plastic, not just on the surface .

If spending that sort of money at a main dealer, they need to be replaced 👍🏻

I am not going to make an offer Bob. It’s too expensive…

This one looks better for an offer…? They are prepared to get a new Cambelt and Waterpump fitted by a Lexus Dealer for £200…! Is that what a new Cambelt and Waterpump costs…?

You would think the garage that verbally stated it has been done… Would have some form of record of doing it…! A question to ask... Was it a Lexus dealer....?

FACELIFT SC430 THAT QUALIFIES FOR THE CHEAPER TAX BRACKET, 4 NEW GOODYEAR TYRES, WHEELS JUST REFURBISHED, GREAT SERVICE HISTORY WITH 13 STAMPS IN THE BOOK. LADY OWNER SINCE 2008, ONLY 1 PREVIOUS OWNER, NO RECIEPT FOR CAMBELT HOWEVER THE GARAGE WHO MAINTAINED IT EVERY YEAR VERBALLY STATED IT HAS BEEN DONE, HAPPY TO PUT FRESH CAMBELT AND WATERPUMP ON BY LEXUS MAIN DEALER IF REQUIRED BUT WOULD REQUIRE £10199 FOR THE CAR, WILL COME WITH A FRESH MOT, 6-MONTH WARRANTY, JUST BEEN SERVICED. SPEC INCLUDES HEATED MEMORY SEATS, CRUISE CONTROL, AUTOMATIC LIGHTS AND MORE. LOOKS & DRIVES GREAT, COMES WITH 3 KEYS. HPI CLEAR. AIDANS AUTOMOBILES IS BASED IN BRAMPTON, SOUTH YORKSHIRE, S63 6EX 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208198930961?postcode=pl253qb&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&year-from=2006&model=SC%20430&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like black on black but it is an acquired taste, some say difficult to keep clean and interior seems dark and claustrophobic.

The Black interiors always seem to wear better condition than the Rutland cream option.

Can’t see much wrong in the photos, would like to see headlamps in bright sunlight to see if they are faded.

Exhaust tail pipes have been changed, this sometimes happens if the old ones have corroded off, I would recommend a good look underneath to check for rust to brakes and suspension.

£200 for Lexus w/pump and timing belt ! Think every SC430 owner up and down the country will be queueing up at that dealership 😉😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

This one looks better for an offer…? They are prepared to get a new Cambelt and Waterpump fitted by a Lexus Dealer for £200…! Is that what a new Cambelt and Waterpump costs…?

You would think the garage that verbally stated it has been done… Would have some form of record of doing it…! A question to ask... Was it a Lexus dealer....?

FACELIFT SC430 THAT QUALIFIES FOR THE CHEAPER TAX BRACKET, 4 NEW GOODYEAR TYRES, WHEELS JUST REFURBISHED, GREAT SERVICE HISTORY WITH 13 STAMPS IN THE BOOK. LADY OWNER SINCE 2008, ONLY 1 PREVIOUS OWNER, NO RECIEPT FOR CAMBELT HOWEVER THE GARAGE WHO MAINTAINED IT EVERY YEAR VERBALLY STATED IT HAS BEEN DONE, HAPPY TO PUT FRESH CAMBELT AND WATERPUMP ON BY LEXUS MAIN DEALER IF REQUIRED BUT WOULD REQUIRE £10199 FOR THE CAR, WILL COME WITH A FRESH MOT, 6-MONTH WARRANTY, JUST BEEN SERVICED. SPEC INCLUDES HEATED MEMORY SEATS, CRUISE CONTROL, AUTOMATIC LIGHTS AND MORE. LOOKS & DRIVES GREAT, COMES WITH 3 KEYS. HPI CLEAR. AIDANS AUTOMOBILES IS BASED IN BRAMPTON, SOUTH YORKSHIRE, S63 6EX 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208198930961?postcode=pl253qb&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&year-from=2006&model=SC%20430&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

The question to be asked is "Please show me evidence of the Camb

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

Has a fine M.O.T. history.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 2:33 PM, Kevin Williams said:

Thanks Bob. When I am looking at SC430's... Whats the frequency of the Cambelt needing changing...?

Think if the vehicle is new to you then get the job done for peace of mind …..well unless you have a bill of sale from Lexus to say it’s been done .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes Bob, you are right, it is not a safe engine and a belt problem could cause catastrophic damage which would be very costly.

It needs resolving promptly by being done or confirmation it has been done.

Good luck, Anthony 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links