Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 430 v Ls 460 replacement.

imw

Just spent £1200 on new vac valve + 2 x o2 sensors on my 100000mile LS430. Wonderful car, I love it - and I have had three over the last 25 years +but now that my present car is in good working order once more - do Ikeep it - or px it for lower mileage 430 or a 460? Iknow nothing about the technicalities but would welcome advice/informed comparisons on these two models.

Ian, welcome to the forum .  there's lots of thoughts here about the Ls430 and the Ls460 and differences etc

IMHO you're nuts to even think about changing your tiny mileage briiliantly looked after ( I'm assuming ) Ls430

She'll last another 100k miles minimum.......  BUT no doubt the Ls460 is a fine fine car and you'd be well pleased with the change, apart from maybe the bills that might come with it ....  lap of the gods stuff that

You have a very fine low mileage Ls430 so I'd say " stick with it " .  if you want 

Good luck with your decision making

From a long time Ls400 owner and fan and can't see the point in changing cars for the sake of it guy !

Malc

At 100,000 miles your engine has a lot of life left in it. Mine has done 147k and still feels ultra smooth. I changed the engine oil a year ago and it is still straw coloured. I have owned many cars and have never experienced that before. The oil usually starts to change colour after a few weeks' use.

If you change your car someone else will get the benefit of your £1200 spend. I would keep the car and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Better the car you know. 100,000 miles is not much. Others that you look at, will very likely have problems.

I have a 1996 Volvo 940 SE automatic petrol, low pressure turbo estate and plan to keep it. Runs really well at 207,000 miles

James.

to Richard - to John - and to Malcolm,

Thank you all for your prompt and  informative replies. I guess the decision is made for me in that I keep the present car, which suits me just fine! My hesitation was because I have driven the car for the last 12months with warning /engine failure light on, which is a bit scary when travelling at speed on a mororway, for instance - and Lexus agent just could find the problem (s) originally! Wouldn't pass the MOT due in a few months.

Thank you again, although I'm not too sure that I will manage another 100,000 miles as I am 83!!

My 430 has just turned over 160 and it still runs perfectly

I think unless you are a great fan of the LS460 (for whatever reason) it doesn't have much going for it.

1. It is slightly thirstier
  2. It is higher tax bracket
  3. The interior quality lacks a bit - misaligned glovebox covers, sagged drivers seat/bolster and worn pillar trim are ones commonly found
  4.  There is a steering angle sensor fault on them which is apparently expensive to fix
  5. Some members have said the 8 speed gearbox is not as smooth 

If I ever do upgrade (within the LS range) it would be facelift (2011 onwards) LS600h

Ian.

When the engine management light comes on the problem will be emissions-related. You will not be in immediate danger unless exhaust gases are entering the car. In this case you will start to feel unwell due to carbon monoxide. Hopefully the new O2 sensors have solved the problem.

You are so informative - and so helpful! I have never driven a 460 and readin gthis forum it does seem to suffer problems are unknown with a 430 - it was just that one is on offer locally from a Lexus dealer - but I really did not want to give up on my present car. Thank you, all - I am very grateful for you confirming my first choice!!

3 minutes ago, imw said:

You are so informative - and so helpful! I have never driven a 460 and readin gthis forum it does seem to suffer problems are unknown with a 430 - it was just that one is on offer locally from a Lexus dealer - but I really did not want to give up on my present car. Thank you, all - I am very grateful for you confirming my first choice!!

Has your 430 had a radiator change recently?

1 hour ago, imw said:

to Richard - to John - and to Malcolm,

Thank you all for your prompt and  informative replies. I guess the decision is made for me in that I keep the present car, which suits me just fine! My hesitation was because I have driven the car for the last 12months with warning /engine failure light on, which is a bit scary when travelling at speed on a mororway, for instance - and Lexus agent just could find the problem (s) originally! Wouldn't pass the MOT due in a few months.

Thank you again, although I'm not too sure that I will manage another 100,000 miles as I am 83!!

Never say never Ian.👍

58 minutes ago, imw said:

There is a reference towards the end of the video relating to the expensive costs of running the 460 Ian.

to Mark -radiator has not been replaced - in fact recent problems are first encounterd in owning the car for some 10 years!!  To everyone, let's call a halt to all these so helpful comments - I AM KEEPING THE CAR AND GLAD TO DO SO!!

Madam is now suggesting that I cut the grass!! Over and Out - and thanks again!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links