Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

In car hotspot

Ok so another question.

I connected the Infotainment to the in car hotspot and have a white wifi icon on the screen.

I go to wifi, easy setup and try to connect my android phone.

I can see the the hotspot and a pin code on the screen. My phone sees the hotspot and asks for a password. I enter the code I see on the screen but my phone tells me this is incorrect. Am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you have an active data plan for the in-car hotspot? 

Umm no.  I didn't realise I needed one.  I thought I could just tether to my phone.  Do I need one and how do I get one?  Didn't even realise there was a router in the car.

Yes it lives in the little cubby on the off-side of the load area.

image.thumb.png.3f03a776993445ade87c513e7d4628c0.png

I spoke with Lexus customer services and, surprisingly was advised it's very expensive to get their data plan and would be better served using my own mobile plan.

There's a bit more discussion in my other thread

2 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Have they stopped being able to tether WiFi from your phone then. I could do it in my 2018 model RX, which had no integrated WiFi facility, but to be fair it was as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Mobile phone tethering is still possible and recommended.

25 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

I tried to connect my phone but it kept rejecting the passcode.

Can you put your own sim in the car?

No, it's SIM-locked to Orange.

Either try again with the phone (making sure all previous owners/attempts have been wiped out) or buy your own wifi router and SIM card.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Either try again with the phone (making sure all previous owners/attempts have been wiped out) or buy your own wifi router and SIM card.

Thats an idea, I assume I can just unplug the router and use the connection for my own one.  I think I may even have one of those old EE yellow ones somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

I assume I can just unplug the router and use the connection for my own one.

I would think so - all it'll need is power and Robert is your mother's brother.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links