Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 300h Premium Sport Edition. 18 months of ownership.

After 18 months and 22k miles her's my thoughts of the Lexus NX. It's quiet, extremely comfy, quality. No creaks/rattles, it feels brand new. Fuel economy using 97octane is 40mpg (a couple more that the 1.5 eco dsg of a tiguan i had previous), with a gentle right foot but mostly duel carriageway driving. 10 speaker stereo good, but could do with a bit of bass from the subwoofer (never heard it). Great lights on dipped beam with the bi-LEDs. Only really 3 things that slightly annoyed were the volume button on wheel, 50 taps to turn it up, and the auto wipers don't seem to be clever at all (far worse than any other car i've had), and a bit more boot space would have been good. Overall a fantastic car. So good in fact that when i had a 23 NX for the day i thought the new model was a disappointment. Sure it was a bit quicker and the fuel economy better, but it seemed like a nice Toyota, not a Lexus. So... I found a good deal on a 22 RX 450h Premium Sport Edition (the PCP is much CHEAPER than a new NX, due to offers as it's a run out model) that looks even more amazing. Hopefully it will be like an NX plus. Looking forward to it 🙂

• Like 4

Wow 22,000 miles in 18 months it must have been serviced 3-4 times already. Do you have unlimited mileage on the PCP contract?

It would take around 11 years for mine to get another 22k on the odometer 😀

On 10/8/2022 at 9:25 PM, steve2006 said:

Wow 22,000 miles in 18 months it must have been serviced 3-4 times already. Do you have unlimited mileage on the PCP contract?

It would take around 11 years for mine to get another 22k on the odometer 😀

Had the 10 and 20k as per schedule. Mileage on pcp was 15k, so there or there about's with the PCP

On 10/8/2022 at 7:12 PM, RichieinScotland said:

.. I found a good deal on a 22 RX 450h Premium Sport Edition (the PCP is much CHEAPER than a new NX, due to offers as it's a run out model) that looks even more amazing. Hopefully it will be like an NX plus. Looking forward to it 🙂

Exactly the same decision I made almost a year ago. No regrets. The RX is just amazing, especially given the offers available as those made it far cheaper than a new NX.

Congratulations! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:25 PM, steve2006 said:

"Wow 22,000 miles in 18 months it must have been serviced 3-4 times already"

My IS300h is having it's 21st service next week, 210,000 miles, every 10k without fail at Lexus Birmingham.

• Like 5

On 10/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, First_Lexus said:

Exactly the same decision I made almost a year ago. No regrets. The RX is just amazing, especially given the offers available as those made it far cheaper than a new NX.

Congratulations! 

I can't wait to get it. It's in the UK, so not long...

5 minutes ago, RichieinScotland said:

Nice. You must enjoy the car to keep it that long!

Best car I have ever had and still drives like new just going to be so sorry to get rid of it early next year when I take delivery of my nx350h

• 3 months later...

Below is copied from a previous post, I could not get the links working.

For anyone considering getting a high mileage IS300h I would definitely say go for it as long as you've got full service history. I have privately owned my IS300h Premier from new since August 2013 and it is the best car I've ever had by miles. I have full Lexus main dealer servicing and have looked after it. I have now done 209k and it drives like new still getting over 50 mpg on my journey from Leicester to Birmingham every day for work. Had a new hybrid Battery at 204k which was done under Lexus warranty, and I have full confidence this car will go for another 200,000+ miles. 

Sadly I will be selling mine early next year as I have ordered a new NX 350h Takumi, although it did take me about 6 months to decide whether to to keep my IS for another few years or to order a new NX. I decided to go for the new NX as my wife and I why are approaching retirement and the IS is an extremely low car to get in and out of and we both now struggle, other than that I would have probably kept it longer.

Below is my link when I clocked 200k.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/133270-200000-miles-and-counting/

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/135683-high-mileage-is-300h/?do=findComment&comment=1259534

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links