Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turn off navigation voice guidance each time

Has anyone found a way of turning the voice guidance off or even down as a default: in the previous version this was possible, but I cannot find a setting for this in the new car.  It is a bit annoying that each time I start the navigation I have to find the mute button (unless there is a voice command I haven't found yet).

12 hours ago, AlanDL said:

Has anyone found a way of turning the voice guidance off or even down as a default: in the previous version this was possible, but I cannot find a setting for this in the new car.  It is a bit annoying that each time I start the navigation I have to find the mute button (unless there is a voice command I haven't found yet).

I too find this slightly annoying so will take a look at the options presented by @RXtoNX above. 

In the meantime i use the following voice commands:-

"Mute navigation" or "Mute guidance".

Thanks: the navigation volume looks the best choice, but "mute navigation" worked well if I want to have the voice guidance on as a default.  I also found a setting in Guidance about Landmark voice guidance (have to scroll down below weather etc).  Not sure what this is about?

I understand the benefit off voice instructions in areas I am not familiar with, but do not want them all the time, for the following reasons:

I would have the guidance system on so that any traffic alerts on my route are available, even if I know the route, but I do not need turn instructions (especially to carry on the same road)

I do not want the voice guidance continually interfering with music etc

My wife is not keen on having it on all the time as it can get annoying to interrupt conversation

I have the HUD for guidance, do not need to look at the map screen

Not difficult to see the map screen, especially with such a large display as the new car

So for all the above reasons, the voice guidance of not important to me.

15 hours ago, AlanDL said:

I understand the benefit off voice instructions in areas I am not familiar with, but do not want them all the time, for the following reasons:

I would have the guidance system on so that any traffic alerts on my route are available, even if I know the route, but I do not need turn instructions (especially to carry on the same road)

I do not want the voice guidance continually interfering with music etc

My wife is not keen on having it on all the time as it can get annoying to interrupt conversation

I have the HUD for guidance, do not need to look at the map screen

Not difficult to see the map screen, especially with such a large display as the new car

So for all the above reasons, the voice guidance of not important to me.

That one gets me.
If you haven't set a destination and just have the map on screen as you drive why would the NAV be giving voice instructions?
I understand all the other reasons, although even with HUD you change your focus distance, so eyes are still not on the road. And looking at the map to your left does the same.

I'm not criticizing, genuinely curious to your plight.
Also seems like VOL to minimum is the easiest, if not complete answer 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links