Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So initial thoughts after a couple of months

Well I am a couple of months in and was worried nothing could replace my old NX 200t.  I really liked that car, it moved, power delivery was almost instant, little turbo lag, it was tight and nippy.  How would the RX compare.

OK so I still prefer the traditional auto and the quick and instant throttle but the RX has changed me.  Instead of those hard accelerations, and that eager or even anxious to get somewhere moments, I am more chilled.  Yes this car has changed my driving style.  I get what people mean that this car is for "wafting" and not I don't me farts.  I feel the luxury.  Its not meant to be pushed in to corners, its a more elegant car, for a more civilized age.  More to the point, my driving style has changed. I want to be more careful and economical with the fuel.  I know there is a V6 and it does deliver the power and I never tire of that rumbling growl when it kicks in to life, but I feel I don't need to prove myself to, or compete with, other road users.  The car is on the wide side and has a nice sized boot.  Plenty of space for my weekly shop.  Driving this car gives me a feeling that I think is unique to RX owners, and every now and then I discover something new, small details but it always pleasantly surprises me.  Does it exceed my expectations?  Yes, yes it does.  I think my NX will always be my favourite owned car but this RX is awesome.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I can echo many of your sentiments Dan, the RX has also changed my driving style. I'm not in a hurry anymore but I still arrive 'on time'. The RX is a deceptively rapid car. The high driving position, the near total silence and supreme comfort masks the rapid progress that V6 delivers. The perceived size of the car was a little daunting to start with but I threaded it through the narrow Cornish lanes without worry and at a pace too!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

I can echo many of your sentiments Dan, the RX has also changed my driving style. I'm not in a hurry anymore but I still arrive 'on time'. The RX is a deceptively rapid car. The high driving position, the near total silence and supreme comfort masks the rapid progress that V6 delivers. The perceived size of the car was a little daunting to start with but I threaded it through the narrow Cornish lanes without worry and at a pace too!

I can agree with your views on the V6 motor.Sublime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

Well I am a couple of months in and was worried nothing could replace my old NX 200t.  I really liked that car, it moved, power delivery was almost instant, little turbo lag, it was tight and nippy.  How would the RX compare.

OK so I still prefer the traditional auto and the quick and instant throttle but the RX has changed me.  Instead of those hard accelerations, and that eager or even anxious to get somewhere moments, I am more chilled.  Yes this car has changed my driving style.  I get what people mean that this car is for "wafting" and not I don't me farts.  I feel the luxury.  Its not meant to be pushed in to corners, its a more elegant car, for a more civilized age.  More to the point, my driving style has changed. I want to be more careful and economical with the fuel.  I know there is a V6 and it does deliver the power and I never tire of that rumbling growl when it kicks in to life, but I feel I don't need to prove myself to, or compete with, other road users.  The car is on the wide side and has a nice sized boot.  Plenty of space for my weekly shop.  Driving this car gives me a feeling that I think is unique to RX owners, and every now and then I discover something new, small details but it always pleasantly surprises me.  Does it exceed my expectations?  Yes, yes it does.  I think my NX will always be my favourite owned car but this RX is awesome.

Some people just cannot imagine how a Lexus can mould one`s driving style and personality, until they try one that is !

Hang on to that V6 as it`s being replaced by a 4 pot !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sybaris said:

The RX is made for listening to a Mozart clarinet or flute concerto as you waft along - try it 😎

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

The RX is made for listening to a Mozart clarinet or flute concerto as you waft along

That is such a great way to describe the driving habit of this car.  

38 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

That is such a great way to describe the driving habit of this car.  

Couldn’t agree more Dan. Maybe it should be on the NHS for people with anger management issues or feeling "wound up" like a clock 🤔😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Couldn’t agree more Dan. Maybe it should be on the NHS for people with anger management issues or feeling "wound up" like a clock 🤔😎

Phil, Are you unwell, as you have just agreed with yourself ?

I do agree with you by the way.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Phil, Are you unwell, as you have just agreed with yourself ?

I do agree with you by the way.👍

John, I not only agree with myself but talk to myself initially to form the argument, works for me 😅. Unlike the two Greeks when shipwrecked on a deserted island formed three political parties 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

John, I not only agree with myself but talk to myself initially to form the argument, works for me 😅. Unlike the two Greeks when shipwrecked on a deserted island formed three political parties 🤣

You, me and us !👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links