Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX300e B Mode…?

I see there are a few 2021 UX300e’s with the Takumi pack for sale, at a good price… I am unable to get to any for a test drive…

When the transmission is in B mode, is the speed of deceleration, very much…? Are they like some EV’s that are advertised to have “one pedal driving…?”

AUTO in B....jpg

42 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

I see that my post has had 119 views... Can someone with a UX300e please answer my question, thanks...

Kevin, I cannot speak for UX300E but it does not allow "one pedal driving" with a hybrid. It is useful on hills.

Position B introduces engine braking and can be used to help slow the vehicle, such as when descending a hill. But we do not recommend leaving the car in this mode for normal driving as it can use more fuel over time.

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Position B introduces engine braking and can be used to help slow the vehicle, such as when descending a hill. But we do not recommend leaving the car in this mode for normal driving as it can use more fuel over time.

Thanks Nick. On other all electric cars that I have owned. Position B actually puts charge back into the batteries...

4 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Thanks Nick. On other all electric cars that I have owned. Position B actually puts charge back into the batteries...

Well Kevin, position B puts charge back on the hybrids as well, but you did not ask that.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, Kevin Williams said:

When the transmission is in B mode, is the speed of deceleration, very much…? Are they like some EV’s that are advertised to have “one pedal driving…?”

You get 4 levels of deceleration but even the highest setting isn't a much as other EVs. It will also still need the brakes applied to come to a full stop so doesn't give a true one pedal experience.

3 hours ago, fourbanks said:

This is for the hybrid model, not the EV.

Hi Kevin, I must admit to not using the B mode and to date, I'm getting pretty much the estimated range, on 18-inch wheels, and a bit less with the a/c on. You're right about there being some good prices. Just out of interest, last week, I looked through the Lexus used car website and some dealers' sites with a few 21 plate Takumi's for around £38-£39,000, an excellent discount from new.  This is both 'my' (company car) first Lexus and EV and it's been great so far. The extra equipment on the Takumi has so been useful, especially the Head Up Display and 360-degree camera, the latter when I'm trying to get the car in the garage! I'm not sure if you've already got a home charger or are thinking of one, but after some research, I got a Hypervolt and so far, it's been very reliable and seems good quality. Good luck in your search for an UXe. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris UXe said:

Hi Kevin, I must admit to not using the B mode and to date, I'm getting pretty much the estimated range, on 18-inch wheels, and a bit less with the a/c on. You're right about there being some good prices. Just out of interest, last week, I looked through the Lexus used car website and some dealers' sites with a few 21 plate Takumi's for around £38-£39,000, an excellent discount from new.  This is both 'my' (company car) first Lexus and EV and it's been great so far. The extra equipment on the Takumi has so been useful, especially the Head Up Display and 360-degree camera, the latter when I'm trying to get the car in the garage! I'm not sure if you've already got a home charger or are thinking of one, but after some research, I got a Hypervolt and so far, it's been very reliable and seems good quality. Good luck in your search for an UXe. 

Hello Chris, thanks for your post. How long have you owned your UX300e…? I was asking the question about B mode because I liked the one pedal driving in some of my electric cars… Colin has answered my question… Thanks Colin. The UX300e with the Takumi Pack, will be my next car. I am endeavouring to buy the one at Exeter… Of all the cars that I have owned the Lexus’s were no doubt the best for many reasons… 

I recently bought an Evoque P300e. I bought it thinking with the limited driving I do. It could have been driven mostly in Electric mode… I couldn’t get the vehicle to drive either in EV or Hybrid mode… I joined the Evoque P300e Facebook Group and many others were having the same problem… So I got them to buy it back because it wasn’t fit for its purpose… I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER JLR VEHICLE AGAIN…! They sell every vehicle that comes off their production lines… But don’t give a toss about the problems that many of the owners have. 

I had two LS400’s more than twenty years ago, and they were the most comfortable cars that I have ever driven… 

I recently had a couple of LC500’s, and they were also great cars to own… 

I have a Zappi home charger…

I will post on the Forum when I have bought a UX300e with a Takumi Pack…

I also like HUD and 360 degree cameras in cars, and adaptive cruise control…

I have an RZ on order... THAT WILL NO DOUBT BE ANOTHER GREAT LEXUS...

LC 500_Honda E.jpg

LC500 Convertible.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

it wasn’t fit for its purpose… I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER JLR VEHICLE AGAIN…! They sell every vehicle that comes off their production lines… But don’t give a toss about the problems that many of the owners have. 

Welcome to a ‘not very exclusive exLR owners club’

My RRS wasn’t too bad but the Discovery Sport was so bad that we successfully rejected it for a full refund after 16 months.

We then purchased an RX, which was superior to the RRS in every way, and after 5 years with the RX changed to an NX 450h

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Welcome to a ‘not very exclusive exLR owners club’

My RRS wasn’t too bad but the Discovery Sport was so bad that we successfully rejected it for a full refund after 16 months.

We then purchased an RX, which was superior to the RRS in every way, and after 5 years with the RX changed to an NX 450h

Paul. If there was a 'not very exclusive exLR owners club' There might be tens of thousands of members...

• Like 1

Hello Kevin, thanks for your reply. I've had the UX300e since last July. I dealt with Snows Lexus at Hedge End who were excellent, nothing was too much trouble, even though it was a company car. They gave me a UX250h for a couple of days so I could ensure the 300e would fit in the garage (that's where the home charger is) which was helpful. I think the Exeter branch you mention is also a Snows dealership. The colour of 'my' car is mercury grey although I liked terrane khaki but as time was pressing, the grey was the quickest for delivery. When we visited Hedge End for the first service, they had an LC500h coupe in the terrane colour and it was unlocked so I was happy to sit in it- the interior and overall quality were superb, but I guess you already know that! I decided to go for a Lexus mainly because of the levels of customer service and the amount of standard equipment. I looked at the Mercedes EQA, Audi Q4 e-tron, VW ID3 and 4 but the overall finish of the Lexus was just better generally I thought. You must be looking forward to your RZ arriving.        

• Like 1

The only issue I have with the UX300e was the Battery discharging every 2 days needing a charge due to the Lexus Link. Just randomly started doing it as I had it for a year before that. Anyway, I understand there is an update for that but Ive kept it off until I get it done.

Other than that, been very reliable. No squeaks or rattles to speak of and OMG its so smooth on the motorway, Its almost as good as my RX. 

The range is good enough for the driving we do and I do tend to get that range as well, unlike some EVs where you get almost 20% less

• Like 1

Hello Chris, thanks for your post. Lexus Plymouth are also owned by Snows, but they only now do service and parts. I bought my two LS 400’s from Lexus Plymouth, and a SC430, more than 20 years ago….! I became a member of the Lexus Forum to help me decide between an LC500 and an LC500h. My first post was in the Topic LC500 or LC500h on Sept 26th 2020. On the LEXUS LC500 Coupe Club Section… 

There is a photo of your car in your garage…! I read that you work in IT Security… My background is part owning a couple of Quarries and Asphalt Mixing Plants, and Waste Disposal. My partners and I sold the Quarry Products Companies to Tarmac. And the Waste Disposal Company to Viridor in 2002. I then did Property Development with my son, and retired a couple of years ago…

You might have read my recent posts in the Topic, Lexus Link App with UX300e showing wrong charging info… 

Having read the several old posts. I did have concerns about having to charge the 12-volt Aux Battery… 

Messaging with Rayaan has sorted my concerns. Thanks Rayaan…

The UX300e with the Takumi Pack at Exeter is back on my shopping list…! They have had it a long time… A good deal is to be had…!

Yes, looking forward to the RZ… I have had a Taycan 4S… I think the RZ will be better…!

252692998_LexusInGarage.thumb.jpg.f3b5b73606080e6e44b40979bff5202e.jpg

Hello Kevin, thanks for your further post and info. Yes, I think that photo was taken after the car had been cleaned for the first time.

I have seen your posts about the Lexus Link App and experienced the same issue, with the Battery discharging. The App isn't great really and I don't use it now pending the update- like Rayanns.

The 12v aux Battery needs trickle charging every few days if I don't drive it. I had the same thing with the previous (another company car), a Toyota Prius Business Edition Plus. I'm not sure if this is a common issue on the UXe but there seem to quite a few references to it with other makes on the Speak EV forums. 

That's interesting about the car at Exeter. I remember (I think!) seeing a UX300e Takumi in mercury grey on the Snows Lexus ex demo offers page. It was at Exeter and was a great saving from new. I wondered if that was the car you referred to.

When I retire, I'd like a 2023 UXe with the increased range although the range I have now is fine. I'd imagine there will be quite a price increase on the new model, even on PCP. I'm fortunate that I got an excellent deal on the car (through a work salary sacrifice scheme) but having experienced my first Lexus I'd like another!

The Porsche Taycan seems to get very good reviews like most Porsche models. Did you find it as good as the reviews say.    

Hello Chris, thanks for your further post.

You say your not using the Lexus Link App…? And you need to trickle charge the 12v aux Battery if you don’t drive your UX for a few days…?

The Taycan 4S was great… In my retirement I am building a new house adjacent to where I live. When it is completed, and sold. I am thinking of buying a Taycan 4 Cross Turismo…

Taycan 1KSW.jpg

Taycan_1KSW.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Kevin, thanks for your latest post. I think there's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) with a change that's meant to resolve the issue with the Lexus Link App and that's reminded me to speak to Snows about it. From looking at the Speak EV forum, there appear to be other owners of various makes experiencing the same problem with the 12v Battery discharging over (too short) a time. Some manufacturers appear to be doing a software update. VW were swapping the 12v batteries on the ID3 and ID4. I wonder if the 2023 UXe will resolve this issue as I don't expect to leave the car in the garage for 4 days then not be able to start it! Thanks for your photos too, the Taycan looks really good in white.  

Hello Chris, You mention the 2023 UXe… Your post reads like your retiring next year…? Bearing in mind I only drive a little because of my injuries from an accident in 2011, flying my helicopter. I think I would be wise to buy a different EV… Colin Barber’s recent post on Lexus Link App with UX300e showing wrong charging info, also influences my current thoughts… Looking at autotrader. I will probably buy a Mercedes EQA or a BMW iX3…

The Speak EV Forum has some interesting and good posts on the BMW iX3…!

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ive left my UXe for 3 weeks without a charge and it started up fine. Not had any major issues after I turned the Lexus Link app off

Thanks for your post Rayaan. I must admit I am at sixes and sevens...! I am currently pursuing the Uxe with the Takumi Pack at Lexus Edinburgh. Their's is top money, so they will need to do something a lot better...! I will ask the guy I know there some serious questions regarding charging the 12v aux Battery... I see they have several UXe's currently for sale... They have my order for an RZ and I also bought my LC500 Convertible from them... So, I should get honest answers to my questions...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links