Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlight washers caps?

I lost one of my headlight washers caps. So annoying. Looking around they don't seem to be easy to find.  Are they specific to the IS or the same across Lexus? I found some on eBay which look very similar or the same, but say it's for the RX.

Have you tried Lexus Parts Direct? In my experience they seem generic to a number of models. Try Toyota models as I bet a few models will use the same ones. Or try the Lexus breakers in Accrington (Oswaldtwistle).

• Thanks 1

Headlight washer covers are different from 2005-2009 then the design changed where they sit on the flat part of the bumper instead of the curved bit. If you have the pre-facelift version then you have the ones that are cheaply available otherwise you have to buy oem. The aftermarket replacements are only for the pre-facelift covers. If you send a picture of you existing one then I can tell for sure

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

I lost one of my headlight washers caps. So annoying. Looking around they don't seem to be easy to find.  Are they specific to the IS or the same across Lexus? I found some on Ebay which look very similar or the same, but say it's for the RX.

Which side? Part numbers for both, in black. (I believe your car is black, right?)

R 85381-53080-C0

L 85382-53040-C0

(Substitute C0 with C1 if your car is solid black)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

I lost one of my headlight washers caps. So annoying. Looking around they don't seem to be easy to find.  Are they specific to the IS or the same across Lexus? I found some on Ebay which look very similar or the same, but say it's for the RX.

Based on your profile if you have a 2005 IS then the aftermarket ones will fit 100% you can buy aftermarket ones from aliexpress very cheap. The part numbers quoted above by @J Henderson as the correct ones for 2005 to 2009. The -C0 is black colour code 202 and the -C1 is black colour code 212. Advantage to buy OEM is that you will get your exact colour.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Yes my car is black. Solid black. Interesting that such a simple piece changed during production of the car. I guess what's different is the part which sticks in the washer jet? As the cap itself doesn't touch the bumper? So maybe they changed the cap because they changed the jets.  Otherwise why spend the money to change. Well, Lexus I guess.

9 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks guys. Yes my car is black. Solid black. Interesting that such a simple piece changed during production of the car. I guess what's different is the part which sticks in the washer jet? As the cap itself doesn't touch the bumper? So maybe they changed the cap because they changed the jets.  Otherwise why spend the money to change. Well, Lexus I guess.

The design of the headlamp washers themselves completely changed and it causes the jet cover to sit on the flat part of the bumper instead of the curve. 

Picture of 2005-2009 washer jets and the newer 2009+ washer jets below

2006-jets.thumb.jpg.4c3792741e8dd03fe3d048e9d896ba2a.jpg

2009.thumb.png.552c60db8406b30d6b876041c2f2079c.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ahmed24 said:

The design of the headlamp washers themselves completely changed and it causes the jet cover to sit on the flat part of the bumper instead of the curve. 

Picture of 2005-2009 washer jets and the newer 2009+ washer jets below

2006-jets.thumb.jpg.4c3792741e8dd03fe3d048e9d896ba2a.jpg

2009.thumb.png.552c60db8406b30d6b876041c2f2079c.png

Thanks.  This is how mine looks in there:

Screenshot_20221105-111151_Gallery.jpg

18 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Which side? Part numbers for both, in black. (I believe your car is black, right?)

R 85381-53080-C0

L 85382-53040-C0

(Substitute C0 with C1 if your car is solid black)

Thanks for that. I had tried finding the parts number before I posted and what I came up with was 85044-53030-C0 and 85045-53010-C0. I guess I was going to order the wrong thing, so thaks for the correct part numbers. Those are then for the newer cars? I couldn't find any aftermarket replacements use these part numbers.

By the way, it's on the driver's side, which for me is on the left side. My car is LHD.

20 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Have you tried Lexus Parts Direct? In my experience they seem generic to a number of models. Try Toyota models as I bet a few models will use the same ones. Or try the Lexus breakers in Accrington (Oswaldtwistle).

I need to find a sorce within the EU. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

By the way, it's on the driver's side, which for me is on the left side. My car is LHD.

85382-53040-C1 is the one you need then.

When it comes to ordering car parts. The Left or Right side is always determined by the viewpoint from the driver's seat, looking forwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

85382-53040-C1 is the one you need then.

When it comes to ordering car parts. The Left or Right side is always determined by the viewpoint from the driver's seat, looking forwards.

Thanks. Looking in Lexus Parts Direct I couldn't find the Parts. Closest thing I found is this:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-is-phase-2-o-s-headlamp-washer-jet-cover/

It says it fits 2006-2014 though  which is strange. 

6 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Amayama have what you need, if you don't mind ordering from Japan.

Washer cap

Thanks.  Shipping is double the item price though.  So maybe I should check with my local Lexus dealer. Might end up being same price but maybe quicker.

And what do you make of the part I posted above? Is that for the newer cars, even though it says 2006-2014? I don't think they sell aftermarket right?

Ok, as I seem to have fond out on the other thread (Front bumper scrape - Lexus IS 250 / Lexus IS 250C Club / Lexus IS 220D & IS 200D Club - Lexus Owners Club) it seems my car has a 2009 bumper. I guess this would change the part numbers for the washers covers?

This is really interesting but I never realized till now. I have had the car for over a year now. Maybe when the 2009 facelift came out the owner facelifted his 4 years old car to make it look up to date. I know the car has not been crashed as I have had it on a ift and inspected after I bought it. 

On 11/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, ahmed24 said:

Headlight washer covers are different from 2005-2009 then the design changed where they sit on the flat part of the bumper instead of the curved bit. If you have the pre-facelift version then you have the ones that are cheaply available otherwise you have to buy oem. The aftermarket replacements are only for the pre-facelift covers. If you send a picture of you existing one then I can tell for sure

Ok, here is a picture:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ed180d9dcd0c502144d934efa1b0b2b.jpeg

Now that I found out my bumper is a 2009 facelift bumper, despite my car being a 2005, I wonder if the reason it fell off is because the washer cover was for a 2005-2008 bumper and my is a 2009-2010 bumper. So it didn't fit properly. Does the above look like the 2005-2008 cap or a facelift cap? The 2011-2013 facelift uses the same as the 2009-2010 facelift? Thanks.

20 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

Ok, here is a picture:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ed180d9dcd0c502144d934efa1b0b2b.jpeg

Now that I found out my bumper is a 2009 facelift bumper, despite my car being a 2005, I wonder if the reason it fell off is because the washer cover was for a 2005-2008 bumper and my is a 2009-2010 bumper. So it didn't fit properly. Does the above look like the 2005-2008 cap or a facelift cap? The 2011-2013 facelift uses the same as the 2009-2010 facelift? Thanks.

The facelift bumpers have different headlamp washer covers. The part numbers for them are: 

LH: 85045-53040
RH: 85044-53040

It's hard to be 100% sure from the angle of the picture but it does appear to look like the facelift covers as it sits higher up after the curve. If you take a look at the picture below of my 2006 covers, you can see the the cover sits on the curve edge as the bumper curves downwards. Because of this, the washer jet cover has a groove so it sits on the curve nicely.

Ac97f8w.png

And below is an example of how a 2005-2009 cover will sit on the 2009 facelift bumper, as you can see the groove that's designed to sit on the curve is now visible because the cover isn't designed to sit flush on the flat surface (if that makes sense)

SXiMB83.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ahmed24 said:

The facelift bumpers have different headlamp washer covers. The part numbers for them are: 

LH: 85045-53040
RH: 85044-53040

It's hard to be 100% sure from the angle of the picture but it does appear to look like the facelift covers as it sits higher up after the curve. If you take a look at the picture below of my 2006 covers, you can see the the cover sits on the curve edge as the bumper curves downwards. Because of this, the washer jet cover has a groove so it sits on the curve nicely.

Ac97f8w.png

And below is an example of how a 2005-2009 cover will sit on the 2009 facelift bumper, as you can see the groove that's designed to sit on the curve is now visible because the cover isn't designed to sit flush on the flat surface (if that makes sense)

SXiMB83.png

Thanks. That's very helpful. So the part numbers/covers are the same for the 2009 facelift and 2011 faclift right? I found them on eBay, but the seller is saying it's for 2011. 

By the way, here are some more angles of mine. This is the right side. Sorry for the funny texture. It was the morning and the car was wet and I tried wipping it.

caps.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks. That's very helpful. So the part numbers/covers are the same for the 2009 facelift and 2011 faclift right? I found them on Ebay, but the seller is saying it's for 2011. 

By the way, here are some more angles of mine. This is the right side. Sorry for the funny texture. It was the morning and the car was wet and I tried wipping it.

caps.jpg

Yes 2009 facelift onwards is the same washer covers. Looking at your pic, you definately have the later covers. So the 2011 ones will work

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahmed24 said:

Yes 2009 facelift onwards is the same washer covers. Looking at your pic, you definately have the later covers. So the 2011 ones will work

Thanks. As it turns out, it seems I also need this part? 

clip.jpg

But it seems all of them use this same part, regardless if 2005 or facelift. Is this accurate?

2 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks. As it turns out, it seems I also need this part? 

clip.jpg

But it seems all of them use this same part, regardless if 2005 or facelift. Is this accurate?

That part is the same. Have you lost that aswell? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahmed24 said:

That part is the same. Have you lost that aswell? 

Yeah, the whole cap is gone. All that is left is the hole with the jet inside. Like in the photo I posted a few posts back. I don't know why it fell off. One time it fell at the car wash. But this time I didn't wash the car.

41 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Yeah, the whole cap is gone. All that is left is the hole with the jet inside. Like in the photo I posted a few posts back. I don't know why it fell off. One time it fell at the car wash. But this time I didn't wash the car.

If the entire cap fell off, could have been that inner piece was already damaged. That's the main piece that keeps the cover attached to the nozzle itself. Or maybe some thief stole it 🙂 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links