Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What kind of leather in 2019 UX250h

Hi all,

What kind of leather is on the seats in a 2019 UX250h executive ?

Is this synthetic , (semi/refined) aniline , PU leather ?

I am asking this because i want to maintain the seats in a proper way 😉

Thanks in advance !

A more accessible alternative to leather, the Takumi-crafted Black Tahara upholstery is more environmentally efficient to produce and features the look and suppleness of leather in a durable product that contains no animal-sourced materials.

it is not at all leather, but is best cleaned with a leather cleaner 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

A more accessible alternative to leather, the Takumi-crafted Black Tahara upholstery is more environmentally efficient to produce and features the look and suppleness of leather in a durable product that contains no animal-sourced materials.

it is not at all leather, but is best cleaned with a leather cleaner 

Thx for the reply . Must this Takumi leather also maintained to prevent dry out ?

1 hour ago, Dutch IS-F said:

Thx for the reply . Must this Takumi leather also maintained to prevent dry out ?

Yes that's the best way just once a month with a good leather cleaner nothing fancy just something simple like Autoglym LCB500 Leather Care Balm

• Like 1

What does your handbook advise on cleaning and maintaining the seats? Mine is quite detailed and specific.

Vacuum regularly and wipe down with a damp cloth. Occasionally or to remove stains wipe down with a clean oth dampened with a solution of wool detergent in water. Wipe dry with a clean cloth and never soak the seats. Allow to dry naturally.

Applying creams and or conditioner can be quite detrimental as it may attract grit and dirt into any creases and eventually result in cracking.

Be guided by your handbook 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

What does your handbook advise on cleaning and maintaining the seats? Mine is quite detailed and specific.

Vacuum regularly and wipe down with a damp cloth. Occasionally or to remove stains wipe down with a clean oth dampened with a solution of wool detergent in water. Wipe dry with a clean cloth and never soak the seats. Allow to dry naturally.

Applying creams and or conditioner can be quite detrimental as it may attract grit and dirt into any creases and eventually result in cracking.

Be guided by your handbook 

Thx for ur reply ! I did read that also in the manual. But real leather has to be maintained . The manual mentioned also synthetic leather which need less maintenance.

4 minutes ago, Dutch IS-F said:

Thx for ur reply ! I did read that also in the manual. But real leather has to be maintained . The manual mentioned also synthetic leather which need less maintenance.

Even real leather, unless semi aniline, is totally impervious to surface treatments as it is coated and sealed with PU.

A quick test to check is to place a drop of water on the surface, away from any seam or perforation. If the droplet just sits there you have a coated and sealed leather that requires no special conditioner. If the droplet is absorbed you have a 'naked' leather that will require very special and careful cleaning and conditioning, lots of hard work, believe me. I had my Mercedes retrimmed in a naked Nappa leather, felt wonderful and smelt glorious but my word did it need attention..

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links