Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC 300h Audio spec

I'm a new RC fpsort owner. As such I'd identify which of the 3 audio options audio is fitted.

The factory Sat Nav and would appear a sub woofer. Whilst sounds good for factory fitted audio as an audiophile it's doesn't have clarity I like.

Would be correct factory sat nav option means its the premium Pioneer front end?

Suppose you speak about reproduction of your own music from either a smartphone or dedicated lossless audio player, as radio does not send anything in quality that can be called high.

Bluetooth from 2015 does not transfer 24-bit audio, does not transfer anything higher than 44kHz so lossless 24-bit 192kHz will not be better than OK unless you use line in. No matter which audio system the car has. The ML we have in our car is close to very good, not comparable with the best electrostatic loudspeakers (Quad or similar) but very good for a car audio system. I have installed audio systems in show cars that cost as much as a new car and though these systems could produce sound levels that could hurt ears, they did not sound much better than the audio from Mark Levinson. Paul McCartney: Motor of love. When he thinks the audio is OK it is not bad.

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Suppose you speak about reproduction of your own music from either a smartphone or dedicated lossless audio player, as radio does not send anything in quality that can be called high.

Bluetooth from 2015 does not transfer 24-bit audio, does not transfer anything higher than 44kHz so lossless 24-bit 192kHz will not be better than OK unless you use line in. No matter which audio system the car has. The ML we have in our car is close to very good, not comparable with the best electrostatic loudspeakers (Quad or similar) but very good for a car audio system. I have installed audio systems in show cars that cost as much as a new car and though these systems could produce sound levels that could hurt ears, they did not sound much better than the audio from Mark Levinson. Paul McCartney: Motor of love. When he thinks the audio is OK it is not bad.

Yes flac playback from via a suitable decoder. Haven't found car audio that can handle pcm audio directly so will be using an aux channel with a stand alone decoder.

I am not into competition audio since IMHO the poeple who enter audio competition have same mindset and classic car concourse entrants. People who own concourse wiining spend all thier time recreating the as new showroom presentation of a car but never either use and enjoy the car perfer the accolade of a show winning presentation.

12 hours ago, Charlesh said:

Yes flac playback from via a suitable decoder. Haven't found car audio that can handle pcm audio directly so will be using an aux channel with a stand alone decoder.

I am not into competition audio since IMHO the poeple who enter audio competition have same mindset and classic car concourse entrants. People who own concourse wiining spend all thier time recreating the as new showroom presentation of a car but never either use and enjoy the car perfer the accolade of a show winning presentation.

The ML audio in our car is with regard to clearness and pure reproduction of sound is close to the best possible to make in as poor an environment as we have in a car where there are usually 2 or 4 spots (passengers) where sound should be great; in order to have perfect stereo you will need midrange and tweeters in each headrest and if you want full surround and not think the software made surround is OK the car will need a lot of loudspeakers.

Lexus is not world leader in software, but really good in hardware, and they have let MarkLevinson help with audio and with better result than most competing car companies.

If you want better than that you are going to dig deep in your pockets.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to this as I've only just seen the post.If you want to check if you've got the ML system,look at the small black panel in front of your gearlever and below the cd slot.If ML is in your car,it will have the words"Mark Levinson".The rear parcel shelf should have 3 speaker grilles.

5 hours ago, DavidCM said:

..... complete with a "bubbly" plastic cover,very difficult to get at in an RC.

Oh and how I tried!!

I thought it was like the protective film one gets on new electronic tech these days (my wife used her new phone for weeks before realising that faint blue tint was removable film!) but even the service techs couldn't get at it

I recently found a small place of plastic film on the bracelet of one of my watches.I bought it 9 years ago and I regularly wash the watch and bracelet with an old toothbrush and Fairy Liquid under the tap.I only spotted it with a magnifying glass when swapping the bracelet for a leather strap.The Swiss must use good quality plastic!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links