Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Code reader/clearer

Upex

Hi all, 

Hope you're well.

Any recommendations for a decent but not costing the earth code reader/clearer? Pref one that can clear my TPMS error until I get the sensors replaced come tyre change time (I can clear with techstream and lasts a few days/week, but laptop fried Battery and pain to get extension out etc)

For use on various makes and models, not just Lexi.

So many about and such price differences, wonder what y'all thought...

Cheers,

Upex

I'm no expert but Carista is a name that crops up frequently so might be worth short-listing. I watched the Car Care Nut YouTube video on the XTool D7 and D8. Good reviews but pricey so I went for the A30M which currently offers lifetime updates and covers many (but by no means all) makes and models. They have a list that they directly support and I have found by experiment that other Toyota models can be used to provide some functionality for my NX 2022 (not one of the models specifically listed).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upex said:

Thanks Harrier, will check them out 👍

For clarity, the A30M is also from XTool, mine cost around £165 so still not cheap but no subscriptions to worry about. The list of models covered is in a pdf file linked from XTool's web page (not immediately obvious) and was not an easy read but all the model info you need is there.

Have a look on YouTube and look for Marty Motoring. His last video is on TPMS on his isf lexus (he's done loads of Lexus video stuff) using a Bluetooth OBD tool. Can't remember what the scan tool is but it looks the beez neez. 

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Have a look on YouTube and look for Marty Motoring. His last video is on TPMS on his isf lexus (he's done loads of Lexus video stuff) using a Bluetooth OBD tool. Can't remember what the scan tool is but it looks the beez neez. 

Is this this the video and OBD tool you are refering too?

Marty Motoring TPMS YouTube Video :

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links