Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010 IS Stereo aux connector locations

Hi

I am looking at a 2010 IS which has the updated black fascia stereo setup. I am LED to beleive that these head units also have Bluetooth, a standard USB connector and a 3.5mm aux in connector. Am I right about this? I am assuming that the USB connector's only function is to connect to and control Ipods?

It would be great if someone could let me know exactly where in the cabin the USB and 3.5mm connectors are located, as I am finding it hard to get a picture online. With that in mind, if anyone has time to take a pic that would be most appreciated.

I would love to change the entire head unit but don't really want to mess around with it, especially as none of the solutions available seem to be 100% fit and forget, so I am looking at other options using the 3.5mm jack.

Thanks all

All IS250's from 2005 has aux-in the centre console storage.

image.thumb.png.68f2376732529f1e1fbd836da3018ebb.png

The ones with upgraded multimedia from 2009 had USB connection  as well in the same place which could be used for data connection, I don't know exactly which devices are compatible, but they worked fine with USB sticks or Android phones which can connect as data storage. I believe there was a list of compatibility for Iphone and iPads, but they are more specific so getting them working is hit and miss.

The Bluetooth is more tricky - most models with sat-nav had Bluetooth, but it was for calls only (you can't play music over it). I tend to believe very last models in 2011-2012 were able to play music as well, but don't quote me on that. So most cars have Bluetooth, but most can't play music over it.

In either case multimedia system in IS250 is horribly outdated so I would not limit myself to models with updated set-up, it is bad either way. The android units which replaces entire thing  and has Bluetooth, wi-fi, USB etc. are available for ~£150-500 and they are way better solution all around.

Thanks Linas, that covers everything, good to know.

Having read into the android head units for these cars, including someone on here, there always seems to be some niggles which don't work, meaning that no one head unit seems to be plug and play, also most of them seem to be grey whereas the car I plan to get has a black fascia, I suppose this could be seperated and painted. Whenever I get the car, if there is a plug and play unit that works as close to 100% and is as near as I can get to plug and play, I will consider it.

I was worried about losing the DSP setup when replacing the head unit, but apprently this is stored in the amplifier.....

I think that's possible on all 2009+ cars. Even those without a navigation unit. Although having the screen certainly makes choosing albums & tracks much easier.

As well as USB sticks, or a phone. I believe you can also plug in a 2.5" HDD if formatted properly (FAT32). I haven't tried this myself though.

Another thing of note. The 2009+ Mark Levinson system allows CDs to be ripped and stored in a small allocation of the system's HDD space (either 10 or 20GB, can't remember which).

Plus, the ML system can play DVDs featuring Dolby 5.1 & DTS soundtracks.

If streaming Bluetooth music is an issue but you do have an aux input and power/USB socket I recently purchased this for one of my Saabs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C78WV6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works very well. Powering up with ignition on, connecting to my phone, pausing and powering down at ignition off. 

17 hours ago, J Henderson said:

I think that's possible on all 2009+ cars. Even those without a navigation unit. Although having the screen certainly makes choosing albums & tracks much easier.

As well as USB sticks, or a phone. I believe you can also plug in a 2.5" HDD if formatted properly (FAT32). I haven't tried this myself though.

Another thing of note. The 2009+ Mark Levinson system allows CDs to be ripped and stored in a small allocation of the system's HDD space (either 10 or 20GB, can't remember which).

Plus, the ML system can play DVDs featuring Dolby 5.1 & DTS soundtracks.

+1 to all of that.

I have tried plugging in a HDD drive but it could not be read either in Mp3 or Flac format files.

The system’s HDD space is pretty good to be fair. I have about 70 cds ripped and stored and there is still space for more. You can rip at different rates but I do all mine at highest setting which I think is 320kbps.

You can also plug a iPod into the usb port and play music that way…that’s what I do on long journeys.

You can also play DVD Audio Discs if you have them. I have a few and they sound really really good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links