Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally some half decent images of my latest toy, LC500h

K22MDL

Only mod so far was to cut the beautiful front grill hider aka number plate.  Next week I have front and rear BlackVue cameras being fitted plus apple Car-Play & Android-Auto secondary screen to mount on top of the passenger grab rail.  

Thoughts of the car so far? It's still very much honeymoon period but enjoying the drive, the whole car just oozes quality. Considering the LC has been on UK roads since 2018 I'm inundated with fantastic comments usually starting with 'I've never seen one before', followed by endless superlatives on its design. I think the colour really grabs the attention especially in the sun.

Downsides, hoped mpg was better but its been very cold recently, the infotainment input is as bad as most point out, the Levenson car audio should be better (my BMW X4 M40d audio makes it look weak in all areas) and the headlights whilst bright aren't a patch again on my BM.

Need to do a lot more miles and will be as from next week, where it'll be my daily driver including many motorway miles.

Am I impressed? Yes very much so. Even my brother said it was the best looking car on the road and the most beautiful shaped machine I've owned. 130+ vehicles so far, that's saying something. I tend to agree.

20221207_104905.jpg

20221207_104307.jpg

20221207_104322.jpg

20221207_104300.jpg

20221207_104147.jpg

20221207_104135.jpg

20221207_104038.jpg

20221207_104005.jpg

20221207_104000.jpg

20221207_104231.jpg

20221207_104946.jpg

20221207_110355.jpg

20221207_104924.jpg

20221207_104914.jpg

Edited by K22MDL
Typo's
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Great pics, and one hell of a view you have there!

What sort of MPG are you getting then?  (Guess dependent on the journey type & length)

I used to average about 30-34mpg in my 2019 Rx450hl.

On a run, my V8 LC can hit low 30's, but it's not quite the same relaxed drive as the CVT hybrid!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Great pics, and one hell of a view you have there!

What sort of MPG are you getting then?  (Guess dependent on the journey type & length)

I used to average about 30-34mpg in my 2019 Rx450hl.

On a run, my V8 LC can hit low 30's, but it's not quite the same relaxed drive as the CVT hybrid!

In this freezing temperature just smoking around, about 28mpg. Very hilly here too. Took my friends V8 Jaguar XK (non supercharged) for a drive almost identical route and returned 17mpg. I don't suppose your car meet is happening this Sunday Brett? 

4 hours ago, RiverFred said:

Love the color combo. Mine is 'infrared' and changes color depending on the sun/shade, looks like cherry apple. 

Enjoy the ride.

LC500 shop pic.jpg

Thanks Fred. I get so many comments on the car it's great. I think the colour is a magnet and and you're right, in the sunshine it's magical. 

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

Beautiful car and house. 

Thank you but unfortunately the house isn't mine, it's two of my best friends. I had to leave my beautiful house behind me last year when my wife decided to do walkies after 34 years!!   Still, at least I've still got a few nice cars in my garage 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K22MDL said:

In this freezing temperature just smoking around, about 28mpg. Very hilly here too. Took my friends V8 Jaguar XK (non supercharged) for a drive almost identical route and returned 17mpg. I don't suppose your car meet is happening this Sunday Brett? 

Upton Bridge cars & coffee is 100% on!

I won't be able to make it as taking delivery of a large amount of wood chippings, however Charlie (the owner) always has an excellent turn out - you won't be disappointed! 😎

19 hours ago, K22MDL said:

Thank you but unfortunately the house isn't mine, it's two of my best friends. I had to leave my beautiful house behind me last year when my wife decided to do walkies after 34 years!!   Still, at least I've still got a few nice cars in my garage 😎

happens to lots of us ........  it's life and there's always going to be another and more usefully modest place to live and enjoy  ......  along with the car(s)...  but it's good there are people around that enable one to enjoy the fruits of their labours too ..... nice views especially, coffee and buns and the ultimate ......... .  NO BILLS 😅

Malc

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

happens to lots of us ........  it's life and there's always going to be another and more usefully modest place to live and enjoy  ......  along with the car(s)...  but it's good there are people around that enable one to enjoy the fruits of their labours too ..... nice views especially, coffee and buns and the ultimate ......... .  NO BILLS 😅

Malc

Yep, my new home is very modest but big enough for me. Lots to get used to. I'll get there and enjoy some lovely cars along the way. The LC is a stunning looking car. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 7:56 PM, K22MDL said:

Hello Martin, Can I please ask what the few nice cars are in your garage…? 😎

I agree with F.A. Lovely views from the house in your photos… Our last house had a lovely view over Charlestown and St Austell Bay. We often saw tall ships. 

The main issue with having a lovely view is when the weather is windy, whether raining or not. IT IS VERY WINDY…!

I imagine with the current northerly and easterly winds. It’s very cold outside that house…!

Can I please ask where the Wind Turbines are in Devon…? I think there is also a reservoir/lake in the photo…? 😎

Thanks

20221207_104005.jpg.6ac4bb669a3b379ae1111021a3398439.jpg

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Guys, no ship not mine haha!!!  Wind Turbines are near Saunton Sands.  Yes it gets so windy it's almost impossible to stand up straight without getting blown over.   I see Kevin you are in Cornwall so maybe we can start our own Devon & Cornwall Lexus Club!!!

20 hours ago, K22MDL said:

Hi Guys, no ship not mine haha!!!  Wind Turbines are near Saunton Sands.  Yes it gets so windy it's almost impossible to stand up straight without getting blown over.   I see Kevin you are in Cornwall so maybe we can start our own Devon & Cornwall Lexus Club!!!

Not my ship either…! They cost more than my helicopter did…! Charlestown Harbour is known for its Tall Ships… 

https://charlestownharbour.com/   

https://charlestownharbour.com/historic-harbour-filming-location/

We had to move because my wife who has MS liked to have a short walk with her dog in our garden. She would occasionally get blown over. We have stayed in the area, but we are now out of the wind…!

43 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Not my ship either…! They cost more than my helicopter did…! Charlestown Harbour is known for its Tall Ships… 

https://charlestownharbour.com/   

https://charlestownharbour.com/historic-harbour-filming-location/

We had to move because my wife who has MS liked to have a short walk with her dog in our garden. She would occasionally get blown over. We have stayed in the area, but we are now out of the wind…!

Hi Kevin, I'll show you the photo's when we meet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links