Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus LS600hl 2013 - My radio volume just went off!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS600hl

I've had the car for just under a month. Radio, Bluetooth, SAT nav etc were all working fine, the sound system was awesome, Mark Levison set up (standard). All of a sudden the volume just stopped working. I've tried "everything" but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this in a similar car? I can't find a solution anywhere, apart from someone mentioning an "Amplifier Change" but that was in a different model Lexus.

Went to the dealers in London who basically said the whole unit needs replacing?! £8.6k!!!! This my 4th LS and I've never had any issues prior to this current one I have. So annoyed 😞

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Edited by LS600hl
clarity

Hi

When this happened on my 430 it was the amplifier - which I got repaired - another thing which didn't work was the temperature up/down beeps - you could try this to confirm on your car.

Also the 430 has a hidden menu which can be accessed through the screen

I have found a similar one for the 460, - maybe you could check your handbook to see if your car has something similar.

Cheers Mark. I'm collecting it from the dealers this evening, They've serviced it. Ill try what you have suggested. I wonder where the amplifier on mine is located? Ill update you later 🙂

Now this is strange, i picked up the LS from the dealer's and low n behold the volume is back on?? I asked them what they did and they basically said "nothing, it just came back on" So for now the sound is back on after 2 full days of not working at all. Such a shame they 1st said I needed to replace the full radio for £8.6k and then it comes back on. Dealers are a waste of time imo. So "for now" I'm  happy 😊 

• Like 1

Baz that's so so good  .  i was going to suggest that you simply used the professional services of a mobile ICE engineer ......  maybe that's next time, heaven forfend there is another eh !

Well done howsoever it came to pass

Malc

Cheers Malc.

Another side issue I had was the doors would not auto unlock (proximity sensor) when I placed my hand to pull the drivers door handle. AND the start button would not work unless I placed the key right up against the start button. Turns out this was a vehicle setting within the menu system.  My son had messed with it the day before! But all is well now. Still loving the LS model 😍 

• Like 1

Hi  Baz

I had a similar problem with my LS600. Sent amplifier to United Radio in New York America,  no one in uk would look at the particular amp fitted to LS600.

Amp was tested and found to ok.

incidentally, amp is located in rear offside wing behind boot lining.

Fault eventually found In corroded wiring joint under rear seat. Check this joint, check all joints. It’s a great system when working properly.

Hopefully your car will be fine, but if it is an intermittent fault (ie corroded joint) the experience above could help. I’m assuming that at some time in my car’s past, a rear seat passenger may have spilt some liquid.

Enjoy the Ls600, it is one of the great motors.

Hi David

Appreciate the advice. Now this makes perfect sense when one has an intermittent electrical issue. Dealers are only just about good for a service. Do you happen to have any pics of where exactly the corroded wire(s) was/were? Would not only be beneficial to me but perhaps others too. I have a sneaky feeling it will happen to me again. I'd rather be prepared.  I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to electrics but the wiring system on these motors is confusing. 

Once again cheers

@LS600hl

I have found also from experience that cars have a mind of their own and can often act strange without any sense or logic behind it. So happy that works now for you and hope stay that way. 

• Like 1

Hi Baz

Sorry no pics. If you lift up the base(s) of the rear seat you cannot miss the multimedia junction located towards the middle. If the fault returns pull each cable at the junction and you might find one comes away.

Best of luck

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David W Jones said:

Hi Baz

Sorry no pics. If you lift up the base(s) of the rear seat you cannot miss the multimedia junction located towards the middle. If the fault returns pull each cable at the junction and you might find one comes away.

Best of luck

Cheers David. Appreciated

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links