Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cracked Rib

Mr Vlad

Stop whingeing you lot 😂

We’re all alive, even if it’s only “ just “ and enjoying all we can the best we can …… so de-stress, grab ya walking stick and very very CAREFULLY, go ENJOY 

and Vlad ……. it might not seem fair but battling against these insurers will wear you down and they rarely budge from their positions of seemingly unreasonable strength sadly

Good luck with it all 

Malc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:28 PM, Mr Vlad said:

On Friday morning at a service station on the way to Edinburgh I unfortunately slipped on ice and landed with a loud thud on my back. Oh how it winded me and made me wince. Few minutes later I got up and just about got back in my truck. Drove to Edinburgh where i swapped driving with my 2nd mate. But by crickey it took me over 5 minutes to get out of the cab. Walking was difficult and breathing was as was talking. What The Duck I thought. Well trying to make deliveries was a nightmare. Basically I was useless. My 2nd mate was a diamond. 

On the way back we stopped at that same service station to see the manager to report my slipping on ice. He seemed a decent guy and a number of forms got filled in. The area where I slipped should have been gritted. A lay by where one took up with water and blows tyres up. I intend to claim against them for liss of earnings etc.

Went to hospital this morning and 4 hours later after a X-ray I'm diagnosed with a cracked rib. No wonder I was useless yesterday and couldn't sleep when I went to bed. So I've got me a box of Naproxen tablets and a box of Omeprazole and I'm to take paracetamol too.

So for anyone who's not had a cracked rib I'll tell you how it affects me. I can't bend down without wincing. Can't sit down or get up from a seat without wincing. Putting socks on and pants on and jeans on is ruddy painful. Walking is affected because of the shock of footsteps running up ones body. Talking is affected because breathing is affected. Since I landed on my left side when in a vehicle going round a righthand bend or turn it hurts. Getting in and out of my car hurts unless I tence up and the pain is reduced. I tence up basically every time I move so the pain is reduced. 

It's not nice having a cracked rib. I was in less pain decades ago when when I got knocked off a motorbike and smashed the cartilage between my leg and hip and cracked like an egg my hip.

Take care out there when it's ice and snow. 

Yes... I Was Going to suggest getting checked out at the Hospital I.e XRAY.  Kind of thought it might be a Cracked Rib..Really Sore ..I Feel your Pain..Take care..!!! There is a very good over the counter bottle that might ease it a little..Its called Radian B..( Aspirin Spirit Liniment..)The liquid form.. That might just ease the pain...!!!!!

6 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Stop whingeing you lot 😂

We’re all alive, even if it’s only “ just “ and enjoying all we can the best we can …… so de-stress, grab ya walking stick and very very CAREFULLY, go ENJOY 

and Vlad ……. it might not seem fair but battling against these insurers will wear you down and they rarely budge from their positions of seemingly unreasonable strength sadly

Good luck with it all 

Malc

Got to say felling it a bit from my half marathon this morning. 😀

• Haha 1

I once did 6 Marathons in a row…….I was really sick afterwards…put me off chocolate, caramel and peanuts for life.

Only members 40 years or older will get this, those under 40 Snickers to you 😀

• Haha 3

On 11/26/2023 at 11:03 AM, steve2006 said:

Many years ago I was filling up my company car at a petrol station and when getting back into the car I slipped on some diesel spillage which resulted in me hitting the right side of my chest on the edge of the open door.

My immediate thought was “ouch that hurt a bit how stupid of me” before getting in the car. A few days later no pain or external signs of injury. Life went on.

Fast forward maybe a year or so and while out working I suddenly had trouble breathing with severe pain when doing so and difficulty talking.

I was around 10 miles from home and found that by taking a deep breath and holding it the pain subsided enough to enable me to drive home.

Being summer my wife at the time was outside the house as I pulled up and I asked her to phone an ambulance.

Blue lighted to the hospital, checked over again, x-rayed to be told I had a Pneumothorax (collapsed lung).

Not a very nice process to get it re-inflated twice after it collapsed again after a week.Book of Dead Slot UK

Even when the hospital staff asked if I had suffered any trauma injuries I said no. It was only decades later that I realised the cause was due to that slip on the diesel in that petrol station.

These days my biggest concern is falling and breaking a hip or wrist. 

Delayed onset of conditions like a pneumothorax is relatively rare but can occur, especially with chest injuries. It's important to monitor any chest trauma, no matter how minor it seems, for symptoms like pain, difficulty breathing, or a persistent cough. If these symptoms occur, seek medical attention promptly. Preventive measures include being cautious in potentially hazardous environments and wearing appropriate safety gear

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, steve2006 said:

I once did 6 Marathons in a row…….I was really sick afterwards…put me off chocolate, caramel and peanuts for life.

Only members 40 years or older will get this, those under 40 Snickers to you 😀

I once had a very bruised sternum and the camp doctor asked me could I attribute it to anything I had done recently. I recounted my throw from a horse called Fred 16 hands and a get together with a Wraf from Hereford. He sympathised as he knew the Wrafs from Hereford.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links