Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper blades

joelfigueira

Hi all,

Tried to be careful this morning with my wioer blades but the frost was a lot stronger than I thought so have split the top of the wiper blade of the passenger side. 

So with it being split I now need a new blade but will change both so my question is do people go OEM or 3rd party like bosch

Regards

Joel

2 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Hi all,

Tried to be careful this morning with my wioer blades but the frost was a lot stronger than I thought so have split the top of the wiper blade of the passenger side. 

So with it being split I now need a new blade but will change both so my question is do people go OEM or 3rd party like bosch

Regards

Joel

Hi Joel, changed mine recently and brought Bosch (they were on offer 50% off), seem pretty good so far.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Tried Bosch once. Noisy.

Bought OEM, expensive.

Just received some rubber inserts from eBay, supposedly OEM . Looks great will try when the old OEM need new rubber. Lexus only sell complete here.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255489534014

The Bosch I have are very good and not noisy.

Hi Joel, can't seem to find that deal on the Lexus site, are you able to send me a link please?   It's two years since I replaced just the front blades which I had fitted at Halfords - and the cost then was £40. Thanks a million.  

38 minutes ago, Barry A said:

Hi Joel, can't seem to find that deal on the Lexus site, are you able to send me a link please?   It's two years since I replaced just the front blades which I had fitted at Halfords - and the cost then was £40. Thanks a million.  

7C0FB248-DFA4-402E-870C-D55BA7F46454.thumb.jpeg.e691d78b87b811e4183b5ebce51782b2.jpeg

forgot about the delivery charge however they came 24hrs later and you have OEM and not after market if you prefer OEM like i do. 

33 minutes ago, Barry A said:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Barry A said:

Thanks Joel, link worked perfectly and I have placed an order

Just hope I can fit them without too much difficulty.  I assume they come with directions.

Very grateful

I have not opened the package yet as I'm going to fit them later as I don't want to make the same mistake and rip the rubber blade again lol 

Update to this link:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255489534014

I bought 2 700mm long rubber inserts in the meaning to cut so I would have to all 3 wipers, but today had a mail from the seller telling me that they are not to be cut. They should be ordered to correct length and for a CT it is 650mm and 450mm. Also was informed that I shall send a picture of the rear wiper in order to get the correct rubber insert. So, I now must go down to garage take a picture or the rear wiper and order new. The 2 700mm I have, are for some other car with longer wipers.

Cheaper to ask seller before ordering wrong items.

9 minutes ago, serbarry said:

John is it easy to mount them into the wipers? You just slide them in?

Yes Sergio,

Very easy, but they have to be bought in right length in order to stay on. There are stop bits in both ends of the rubber inserts. For your big car they may be longer than the little CT.

I think denso are the same as the lexus original ones. I got them from euro car parts fo around £25. Lexus wanted nearly £50 for the same thing. Ive used bosch aerotwin on other cars and they've been good. 

• Like 1

I bought one rubber only for £6 delivered as a trial (not much to lose if problematical).  It seems to be OK but took about a month to arrive coming from former eastern block country. I will now order one for the other front.  I have not posted details as I don't know how long these will last.  Also, this is from a very large store where motoring forms a small part and there have been a lot of bad reviews.  They do make specific wiper rubbers for the RX and other models.  I will update in the spring. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links