Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h aircon and cold weather

Hi All

Just had a 2 hour journey there in near freezing weather conditions and I noted that the windows struggled a bit to clear interior condensation . I run the Aircon all year round to keep windows condensation free but I'm just wondering does the Aircon not work when outside temps are below a certain temperature? I had an Audi once where the aircon would not activate below 3 degrees outside temp

I noticed a couple of days ago that when I pressed Auto for the climate control, the aircon light went off. Usually aircon will be turned on when you press Auto. I've never noticed this before and guessed that it must have been because the outside temperature was around minus 5. But as far as I remember, I could still press the aircon button to turn it on again and I think it came on automatically when I pressed the button to demist the front screen. It was just when I pressed Auto again when the demisting was finished that the aircon turned off. I haven't looked at it in enough detail to know if it would come back on again if the outside temperature rises enough.

Well, glad it's not just me! I noticed this on Monday, but haven't got round to consulting the manual yet.

I couldn't remember touching anything so pressed the button, only to have to do it again on the next journey. Must be normal then. 

27 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Well, glad it's not just me! I noticed this on Monday, but haven't got round to consulting the manual yet.

I couldn't remember touching anything so pressed the button, only to have to do it again on the next journey. Must be normal then. 

What Peter (Nemesis UK) contributes Paul cannot be ignored, as he`s become our "walkin talkin oral remindin Handbook" for a number of Lexus models. And he rarely, if ever falls down with his promptin.

Now, had he managed England FC...............................................!🤣🤣👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Colinb623 said:

…  I noted that the windows struggled a bit to clear interior condensation …. I'm just wondering does the Aircon not work when outside temps are below a certain temperature? 

I’ve noticed that too.  I don’t know exactly what the outside temperature might be when it happens but, given the greater likelihood in rainy weather, I suspect the level of humidity is as much to blame as the temperature.  Anyway, I find that hitting the recirculated air button at the first appearance of condensation will stop it. 

4 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

I find that hitting the recirculated air button at the first appearance of condensation will stop it. 

Do you not have the Auto-recirc function? I have mine set to auto everything and must say not needed to adjust anything 'on-the-fly', except maybe the front windscreen defogger on initial start-up. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links