Hi guys

Are service plans any good?

I have been quoted for my NX200h £1294.55 for 3 years which includes:

• Service A for Dec 2023
  • Service B for Dec 2024
  • Service A for Dec 2025
  • Plus MOT included with the services

I can pay in instalments. works out to be £41.75 per months for 30 months

I suppose it depends what you define as 'good'?

I know my wife has one and she will have gone through it all VERY carefully before deciding! 

Service plans typically don't provide a discount against current ad-hoc service pricing but they lock in the price so you are inflation protected and allows you to pay by instalments.

Current NX service pricing is £305/580 so your plan including MOTs is about right.

• Like 2

If service A is a major service, and Service B is the intermediate service the per service costs for an NX are as follows.

Service A / Intermediate = £305
Service B / Full £580 
So, 2x A + 1xB total is ££1190.00, means £104.55 "Admin Fee" for spreading the cost.
But if the figures are the other way round,  Service A = Full and Service B = intermediate, you're on a winner.
The total cost for 3 individual services comes to £1465.00, so you'd be £170.45 up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

So, 2x A + 1xB total is ££1190.00, means £104.55 "Admin Fee" for spreading the cost.

Service A is minor, Service B is major. The additional £ 104 would be covering the MOTs and actually provides a small discount (depending if the dealer normally discounts MOT price).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shafque said:

Hi guys

Are service plans any good?

I have been quoted for my NX200h £1294.55 for 3 years which includes:

• Service A for Dec 2023
  • Service B for Dec 2024
  • Service A for Dec 2025
  • Plus MOT included with the services

I can pay in instalments. works out to be £41.75 per months for 30 months

30 x £41.75 = £1252.50 so it looks like you are getting a discount? There's usually an 'admin charge' included for paying by monthly direct debit. I was quoted £1.25 per month when I enquired in May 2022.

15 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

30 x £41.75 = £1252.50 so it looks like you are getting a discount? There's usually an 'admin charge' included for paying by monthly direct debit. I was quoted £1.25 per month when I enquired in May 2022.

No should not accept an admin charge, simply current cost of the services included in the plan payable over 32 months for a 3 year plan less dealer discount, ask for at least 20% and more when negotiating a new car purchase.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links