Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possible Induction Kit Problem

I have recently had a TRUST induction kit fitted to my car. The problem is that when i am driving on the motorway after a while the car looses power and shuts itself off, VERY STRANGE!!!

When you accelerate it places heavy strain on the engine and starts to judder. Then when i try to start the car the engine turns but does not start, however after abt 5 mins it starts and runs normal until a further half hour and does the same but only on motorways and not in the city. I think that it could be over-heating or that the induction kit i had fitted has something to do with this. I have not taken it into lexus yet but will do for diagnostics, however in the meantime some help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

No warning lights, i havnt re-set the ECU either, been spng to head tech in Lexus and he said could be anything and prob not the kit. I know that other members here have this kit fitted, does anybody else have this problem?

No my Induction Kit is ok But then i did make it :whistling: my Kit runs ok and i do ten to Boot it some times on open road and all is ok still you should reset ECU see if that is it :yawn: hope all is ok mate :driving:

im not sure if im correct but could this be the engine protecting itself. Is it possible that the induction kit is allowing too much air to go in, more than it can match with its fuel pumps. making the mix too lean.

its a possiblity, or that the air sensor is getting false readings and needs to be changed. im sure i have heard of this before somewhere.

would make sense tho as on the motorway your more likely to be keeping the car sucking down huge gulps of air for extended periods of time.

dont cruicify me if im wrong tho

im not sure if im correct but could this be the engine protecting itself. Is it possible that the induction kit is allowing too much air to go in, more than it can match with its fuel pumps. making the mix too lean.

its a possiblity, or that the air sensor is getting false readings and needs to be changed. im sure i have heard of this before somewhere.

would make sense tho as on the motorway your more likely to be keeping the car sucking down huge gulps of air for extended periods of time.

dont cruicify me if im wrong tho

This is why he needs to reset the ECU as and when he resets it, it should run ok :whistling:

P.S thats if it is the ECU, if its the same when you have reset maybe you should let Lexus/D take a look :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links