Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie again.... in wrong Lexus Forum Section

So Sorry...... but put my first post to the forum yesterday but in the wrong Lexus model section ...not a good start so will try again.

.Seasons greetings to all. A newbie {OAP] Lexus owner so please be gentle and apologies in advance if very basis questions, as without manuals etc I am unable to get the info.

Just today ordered a two month old NX450 F Sport with Takumi pack.....pick up next month when convenient.

[1] My current [range anxiety!!] car is a pure EV and have been using my home 7.5 Kw wall charger[OHME]on a type C plug with excellent service along with various size public chargers when needed so........ On any longish trips can I still use a public charger at  7.... to say 50 kw ? Does the Lexus limit the take to a max of 7 kw ? Or can it take more to speed up the charge time?

[2] I will of course try and take in the dealers help and instruction on pick up ...... but..... Do I need to take  any special additional attention to the Infotainment centre in relation to setting up my mobile phone, Sat Nav, and Lexus mobile app etc....anybody had any tech problems in this area since pick up, as I am NOT too tech savvy ! and it is not a local dealer. I am an Android user.

[3] How do you rate the Sat Nav interface for directions and general info. Is the Sat Nav directions shown on the HUD easy to see and follow? Does it show charging points en route. OR is Android Auto is Google Maps etc better than the fitted Nav ?if so do I have to connect my phone via a cable or use WiFi ? 

Any further advice on similar areas I need to check on pick up day would be gratefully appreciated

Maybe too many questions on one post !!!!

Looking forward to joining and learning from your team and my best wishes for 2023

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your impending purchase of the NX450h+.

I'll try to chip in and answer some of your questions as best I can. No doubt others on here will come along and add to this.

1. I don't have the plug-in version of the NX so can't help much with this one I'm afraid.

2. The new NX comes packed with technology so it can be a bit daunting to get your head around it all at first. It might be worth downloading the user manuals from the Lexus website in advance of collecting the car so that you can have a read beforehand. Also, there are a couple of very comprehensive tutorials on YouTube posted by a Lexus representative in the US that cover every aspect of the car and it's technology. Here are the links to the videos:-

Some owners on here have experienced technical issues with some aspects of the technology such as user profiles not loading but I personally have not had any of these. The Lexus smartphone app is not the best to be honest but it’s does most of what you want it to do and it’s failings don’t detract from what is a fantastic car overall. There are numerous posts on this forum relating to these issues so feel free to take a look.

3. The Lexus inbuilt Sat Nav is quite good – it’s supposedly integrated with Google’s mapping so should be accurate and up to date. Turn-by-turn directions shown in the HUD are clear and readable. Not sure about whether it shows charging points though. I normally use Android Auto (AA) however as I prefer the user interface, plus you can use Google Maps for navigation. Be aware though that if using Google Maps via AA you do not get turn-by-turn instructions shown in the HUD. Currently the NX does not have wireless AA so you would need to plug your phone into the USB port. Having said that there are a number of dongles on the market that allow you to mimic wireless AA to some extent, meaning that you don't have to plug in your phone every time. I use a device called AAWireless for this and it works very well. There is a similar device available called Motorola MA1. Just search the internet for “wireless Android Auto car adapters” if you want to research these. It’s possible that Lexus will enable wireless AA in the future via an over-the-air software update.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum David. Andy has pointed you in the direction of a lot of useful information. The two manuals total about 1,300 pages so plenty to absorb. I don't find them particularly well written however, so I also recommend the YouTube videos that Andy has linked to. They are for the US model but still very useful.

The NX does not have DC rapid charging so the best you'll get is from your wall charger or an equivalent public charger. This takes roughly 2 hours 40 minutes from empty to full ('empty' is a misnomer, Battery will still have about 30% charge but for all practical purposes, call it 'empty'). Charging is much slower from a mains wall socket, about 6-7 hours. Not a problem if you set to charge overnight.

• Like 1

Thank you all, for the excellent advice, help and guidance and looking forward to enjoying the NX in 2023.

Andy.. thank you for the links....good god it is a 3 hour tutorial.....cant decide to watch it..... or the 'Great Escape/Sound of Music over Christmas !!....

Do hope I can get to grips with the Sat Nav and other controls coupled with their HUD/ Steering wheel buttons .....looks rather complicated at first view.

Again my best wishes to you all 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links