Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

After waiting for a year, I have finally collected my car.

I would love to tell you about the great handover experience and how it is brilliant to drive 🙈

The car did look great, all shiny 😁, however when I opened the door it has got the wrong interior 🙈🙈🙈. I really can't believe, after waiting a year I now have a car that I didn't really "want".

I'm still feeling a bit "shell shocked" 🙈 but hopefully I will feel better tomorrow 😀

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

After waiting for a year, I have finally collected my car.

I would love to tell you about the great handover experience and how it is brilliant to drive 🙈

The car did look great, all shiny 😁, however when I opened the door it has got the wrong interior 🙈🙈🙈. I really can't believe, after waiting a year I now have a car that I didn't really "want".

I'm still feeling a bit "shell shocked" 🙈 but hopefully I will feel better tomorrow 😀

What interior did you order and what did you get??? What is the dealer saying? It is disappointing to say the least but I am sure that the pleasure you will get from the car will eventually outweigh this initial setback. 

Enjoy your new car.

9 minutes ago, Ken R said:

What interior did you order and what did you get??? What is the dealer saying? It is disappointing to say the least but I am sure that the pleasure you will get from the car will eventually outweigh this initial setback. 

Enjoy your new car.

I ordered the white interior but got the black interior.

The dealer doesn't know how the mix up happened but thought that I could possibly get the correct car by February next year (if I wanted to wait....again!)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

New car just picked up, liking it up to now. Complete with rubber mats, boot liner and mud flaps all foc from the dealer.  
just need to work out how things work now. 

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2421.jpeg

Can I kindly ask if you negotiated for the foc items or they just gave it to you without asking?

23 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

New car just picked up, liking it up to now. Complete with rubber mats, boot liner and mud flaps all foc from the dealer.  

Looks great, enjoy your lovely car with mud flaps. I have just got mud flap envy. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:22 PM, Gaazzared said:

Great looking car 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteHart said:
On 9/16/2023 at 2:22 PM, Gaazzared said:

Looks great, enjoy your lovely car with mud flaps. I have just got mud flap envy. 

Expand  

That’s great 😃

Could I ask, did you pre order the rubber mats etc or did they just give them to you on the day of collection?

11 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

I asked at the time of ordering back in April. 

Oh okay. I wish I had thought to do that! Having a dog, it would have been great to have picked the car up with at least a boot liner! 

Just wanted to let you know about our experience when collecting our 350h this morning.

Once all boring paperwork sorted (seemed to take forever) we headed out to the car, us in the front with salesman in the back (just to show us a couple of the basics before we headed off). Car looked absolutely gorgeous in Graphite Black and dark rose interior, so excited at this point to drive it away and have some fun! However, just as the salesman was about to begin, I tried to adjust my seat and couldn’t locate the button? I quickly realised that the car had only got manual seats!! We asked for premium pack with Lexus link pro and electric seat pack. Clearly nobody at the dealership checked this prior to handover day 😤

We then had to go back into dealership whilst they tried to rectify the situation. One option was to reorder the correct spec car but this wouldn’t be with us for another 4 months or more! They then managed to locate an exact match for ours (actually with electric seats this time) on a ship which is due around 4th November. Having to wait another 2 months may not seem a lot but when you’ve already waited a year it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth. Especially after allowing us to get in what we thought was our new car 😞 

By this time, I just wanted to leave the dealership so they gave us a UX to drive temporarily. 

They have said to give them a few days to see what other options they might be able to come up with but I’m not holding my breath.

We have gone from a day that should have been full of fun and excitement to being left extremely deflated 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

42 minutes ago, Deb said:

Just wanted to let you know about our experience when collecting our 350h this morning.

Once all boring paperwork sorted (seemed to take forever) we headed out to the car, us in the front with salesman in the back (just to show us a couple of the basics before we headed off). Car looked absolutely gorgeous in Graphite Black and dark rose interior, so excited at this point to drive it away and have some fun! However, just as the salesman was about to begin, I tried to adjust my seat and couldn’t locate the button? I quickly realised that the car had only got manual seats!! We asked for premium pack with Lexus link pro and electric seat pack. Clearly nobody at the dealership checked this prior to handover day 😤

We then had to go back into dealership whilst they tried to rectify the situation. One option was to reorder the correct spec car but this wouldn’t be with us for another 4 months or more! They then managed to locate an exact match for ours (actually with electric seats this time) on a ship which is due around 4th November. Having to wait another 2 months may not seem a lot but when you’ve already waited a year it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth. Especially after allowing us to get in what we thought was our new car 😞 

By this time, I just wanted to leave the dealership so they gave us a UX to drive temporarily. 

They have said to give them a few days to see what other options they might be able to come up with but I’m not holding my breath.

We have gone from a day that should have been full of fun and excitement to being left extremely deflated 😞

Gut wrenching to hear your tale of woe Deb. What is happening? That's the second vehicle of the wrong spec' being delivered. I truly hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction very soon.

• Like 1

Wrong specs seem to be becoming a regular occurrence. I feel for you Debs. It appears that some dealers now have stock of 350h's (cancelled orders?) so they may be able to locate one in the UK. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice to know where the errors are occurring. Dealer or factory? I recall when it was said that every Lexus had a named team leader and that they could trace every step of production. I guess if that did ever exist then it doesn't now. Quality control everywhere has gone AWOL since covid it would appear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deb said:

I can't believe that you received a "wrong car too" 🙈

I know exactly how you feel. Totally rubbish after waiting for a year. 

Hopefully your dealer sorts it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

I can't believe that you received a "wrong car too" 🙈

I know exactly how you feel. Totally rubbish after waiting for a year. 

Hopefully your dealer sorts it out.

Is this just the U.K. or is it in the EU as well?

It seems Lexus is determined to destroy any good reputation in the U.K.

• Like 1

Quick update - we are currently driving the NX350h we originally ordered!

My husband went back to the dealership on Saturday and told them we would not accept the UX as a satisfactory solution (even if temporary) until the correct NX arrives.

We proposed to them that we take away the NX that we thought was ours and that we’d keep it until the replacement arrives in November. And, they agreed!

Its not ideal as can’t stand the manual seats but at least we get to drive the 73 we had waited a year for.

Just wish they had got it right in the first place! Fingers crossed, the car on its way is in fact, the correct spec this time

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Deb said:

My husband went back to the dealership on Saturday and told them we would not accept the UX as a satisfactory solution (even if temporary) until the correct NX arrives.

We proposed to them that we take away the NX that we thought was ours and that we’d keep it until the replacement arrives in November. And, they agreed!

Its not ideal as can’t stand the manual seats but at least we get to drive the 73 we had waited a year for.

Just wish they had got it right in the first place! Fingers crossed, the car on its way is in fact, the correct spec this time

Not perfect for you, but I think your dealer handled it well.

Hopefully not too long until your correct car arrives 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deb said:

Well done to your dealership! And you'll be driving 2 brand new cars this year!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to jump back into this thread because indeed, I wasn’t intending on coming back to it since my own collection day. I didn't really want to comment on it again, but given what I've seen on here over the last week or so - I have to say something.

I just want to say how genuinely annoyed I am for both @Scotlex (which I've commented on his own separate thread already) and @Deb for their incorrect orders. To receive a different model year than the one you ordered due to excessive waiting is one thing (and does mildly irritate me as I’m really not keen on the colour-coded glovebox lid business...), but to receive a clearly incorrect car with a clear difference in ordered spec is, well, something else. Honestly, I'm sitting here and genuinely fuming for you both. It really isn't good. At all.

I can only assume it's one of two things. Either the salesperson in each case has made a fundamental mistake at the time of ordering (which I think is least likely, but still a possibility), or there's clearly big issues which still need addressing at the factory.

To me, Lexus really has tarnished itself in terms of reputation here in the UK. From my latest sales experience, I certainly wouldn’t be recommending them. The sad thing is that it doesn’t look as if that the company, on the whole, really cares. Lead times, on the NX at least, are ridiculous. There are examples of, not necessarily ‘queue jumping’ (that would be unfair to the customer) but preferential treatment given to certain orders. It's certainly something I'll never forget during my own 16 month saga of almost total 'radio silence'. There's missing parts - such as second keys and locking wheel nuts. Now we’re seeing cars arriving at the dealer which are 'similar' in spec to what’s been ordered by the customer, but not correct... This isn't just unacceptable for a brand like Lexus, but for any brand.

They may not realise it yet, but when these cars are due to be exchanged/replaced - they won’t find as many customers considering sticking with Lexus the next time around. 

I’m glad they’ve let you have that incorrect one in the meantime whilst they sort out the correct car, @Deb. Indeed, it’s not ideal but I do think that was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Fair play to them for that. I don’t think they could have really improved upon that without another/correct car to give you. They’ll probably sell it as an ex-demo for pretty much the same price.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links