Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

android auto deletes bluetooth connection 2023MY ES300h

On my NX350h with the new Lexus Interface infotainment system there are two options with regards to connecting your phone:-

1. connect to the Lexus infotainment system via Bluetooth (and therefore use the Lexus in-built navigation, media player and phone dialler) via the "Use for phone" and "Use for media" toggles
    or...
  2. choose the "Use for Android Auto" option and use AA (or "Use for apple CarPlay" if you have an iPhone)

[The setup in my NX looks very similar to what is being depicted in the photo you have attached to your initial post so I'm assuming it's the same 2 options in your ES]

Therefore if you have selected the second option ("Use for Android Auto") and then disconnect AA, the Bluetooth connection to the infotainment system will not be established unless you go into the Settings and change your selection to option 1. This switch-over is not automatic.

Having to manually change this selection every time is obviously quite tedious so you basically have to decide which option you desire and then stick to it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Andy B, it is exactly how you are describing, and yes its sounds absurd that you would have to change the selection everytime you want to switch from one format to another. So by me taking the USB lead out of the port is not enough, i have to change the settings- How ridiculous.

Of course if i had an I phone which works with apple Car play, i would not have any of these issues.

5 hours ago, Andy B said:

On my NX350h with the new Lexus Interface infotainment system there are two options with regards to connecting your phone:-

1. connect to the Lexus infotainment system via Bluetooth (and therefore use the Lexus in-built navigation, media player and phone dialler) via the "Use for phone" and "Use for media" toggles
    or...
  2. choose the "Use for Android Auto" option and use AA (or "Use for Apple CarPlay" if you have an iPhone)

[The setup in my NX looks very similar to what is being depicted in the photo you have attached to your initial post so I'm assuming it's the same 2 options in your ES]

Therefore if you have selected the second option ("Use for Android Auto") and then disconnect AA, the Bluetooth connection to the infotainment system will not be established unless you go into the Settings and change your selection to option 1. This switch-over is not automatic.

Having to manually change this selection every time is obviously quite tedious so you basically have to decide which option you desire and then stick to it.

So if AA is disconnected it will not fail over to a simple BT connection?  On MM19 (2021 RX) if i disconnect AA, either in software or simply unplugging the phone (wired only AA connection), it will default back to BT.  The BT connection does not get deleted.  It will re-establish the BT connection to the multimedia system, I think, automatically.

This seems like you MM21 owners should put in a bug report (feature enhancement?) for this.  Although all of my bug reports have been acknowledged and.... ignored....

Paul 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, george72 said:

This exactly is my problem with it  Paul it's ridiculous, surely this cant be right. 

I have raised a case with lexus UK about this. No response yet. 

Just to confirm - I just checked -  in my RX if i unplug the cable then AA of course disconnects but the phone automatically reconnects (within a few seconds) to Bluetooth.

Good luck with getting Lexus to listen and make changes.  In my (and several other people on here that have complained about) experience, Lexus has not made any improvements for the various bugs we reported in MM19.  You may have more luck given MM21 is new and future system.

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links