Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stone chips!

🤔

Hi all I've got a 2017 200t f sport same shape as a 300h or the new 250 it seems to attract stone chips constantly to the front bumper, bonnet, windscreen and roof nothing terribly noticable but annoying all the same.

My last 4 is's never had this issue! 

I was wondering if anyone one else had noticed this with the new shape is's? Or is it just me being unlucky 🤔

Please let me know 

Many thanks Sam 

On 1/9/2023 at 2:46 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Can't comment on how common it is Sam, but I can say that I've some success with the colour matched kits from Chipex for stone chips.

Thank you for your response but I think if I were to sort it I'd have a full respray done as otherwise it will never look 100% and irritate me.

Hi rayaans 

Thank you for your response I get what your saying but this is the 1st is I've experienced this with ever hence why I was asking. I've owned 3 is200's 1 is300 1 is250 and now the 200t f sport.

The way I dive has always been the same throughout so just couldn't understand why it's only seemed to happen with this model 😕 

1 hour ago, sam85 said:

Thank you for your response but I think if I were to sort it I'd have a full respray done as otherwise it will never look 100% and irritate me.

I can understand that. In the short term though, depending on how deep the chips are, it might be worth putting something like clear nail varnish over them to protect any exposed metal.

Yes, the bonnet of the IS Gen 3 is aluminium - got quite a few chips on my IS 300h bonnet and none have ever started rusting. Had a chip on a door which did start to rust though and I had to clean and paint. As such, other than for cosmetic reasons, I wouldn't worry about the stone chips on the bonnet.

@sam85

Like others have said, it's more so to do with the driving.. it's road dependant, but obviously the lower the car, the higher the risk of these. If you are determined to have it resprayed / fixed, I would recommend going for PPF protection. A lot of people put it on high-end cars to protect them from this. It's literally like a transparent wrap/film that goes over your front end. Protects the paint. 

https://bodyguarduk.com/product/ - shop around, a lot of places do it, this is just an example. Can't vouch for these guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links